xisto Community
hdavy2002

Mac On Pc Installation

I just installed tiger x86 on my pc, and it works great. I feel it's faster than xp. I have a feeling mac will take over the pc world in future. My sound is not working and Quartz Extreme is not supported on my graphic card, rest everything is fine.Can any one with a similar expereice talk about it.

i rather just stay with windows, i try to not put to much material on my computer just to keep it running fast.

I'm not really a fan of the mac mini, it doesn't really have enough RAM, anyway...Why wouldn't your sound work? I've got to say it seems like a good idea, but I can't see a point for me at the moment. Nice idea though, let us know how it all turns out.

I heard that you can get a Mac face for computers that support Windows, my friend had it installed a while ago, he said it slowed his computer down alot...I'd rather stick with Windows for the moment... but as for Mac being the leader in the computing industry, I think it's quite possible in the future, it is a very good OS.

Whoa thats awsome, The power of an awsoem PC with the elegant software of a mac. And mac mini's work great if you get the right amount of Ram. 1 gig is plenty for most people. I cool with 512. But thats awsome. Cool deal man. ;)

As someone sitting on a Mac box (albeit an old one) now, i'll say that i would sacrifice at least one goat for the opportunity to run OSX on an x86 box. Name the other OSes that can both baby new users and give nerds a *nix terminal?Ah well - since I don't need to be babied too much anymore, maybe it's time for me to move to linux on my x86 box - when i get it back from repairs. If you don't see me ever again, it's because linux has trapped another unwary victim :POh yes, and Apple is going to build a touch of DRM into the OS and then lock it onto Mac hardware, if you beleive slashdot. You'd have to get a specially hacked up version if you wanted to run OSX on an x86 box, and of course we're not allowed to talk about that ;)

Sound is'nt working? Well check and see if your sound card is compatible with Mac Software (suprisingly not all do) and maybe try installing your sound driver again and see if that works.

Hey that's interesting...may I know which emulator did you choose to install MAC on. Secondly, from where did you get the CD or ISO of the Tiger.Becasue I am also planning to do so on my old PC.Can you also tell me what is the min. system requirement for this kind of setup.May be you can PM me if you want to tell me something which you can't write here ;)

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Edited as per request
Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

Hey how do u install a mac os on a pc is it really possiable?

If so please let me know because i want a mac os on my pc but i thought it was incompatiable so i didnt even bother.

180611[/snapback]

wouuld someone please post a link to the file or something.this is a dream come true.

did u buy it or what.

i think pc is much better i did no get to use on mac...but they say mac is better on multimedia is that true?...i like pc because its easy to use needs minimum intallation on the software...i like pc :)