xisto Community
ajey

Slow Internet Browsing With Brand New Computer

sloy browsing in my computer

Slow Internet Browsing With Brand New Computer

Why my computer browsing very slow. Some time cannot open one page of pictures. And coud not download any kind of software and song. Please help me.

THANKS.

-reply by akbar

There are lot of factors that affects your net speed like router problem,Simultaneously if you run lot of software's,There may be a chance of virus attack in your system etc..So try to check everything and all.If you have slow net speed,Try to keep in mind the following instructions
1.Get a download accelerator
2.Turn off all unused apps while downloading
3.Don't upload information while you're downloading
4.Make sure your router is free of any interference
5.Update your network device driver
6.You must always keep your computer clean of any viruses
7.clear your temporary download history files.
8.Use latest version of any browser
9.Do regular speed test.
When i had the same problem,i followed the same ways.I am sure,it's very useful to increase your net speed.Then you can check your new internet speed using ScanmySpeed.com

Way to reply to a six-year-old post. But I will two, apparently. So here is my nine replies to your list:

1. I, myself, would advise against this. Those just occupy more room on your hard drive and who knows what they include during the installation of them. They could even download more than just the file(s) you want.

2. You should do this anyways.

3. I'm not 100% here, but this may be true.

4. This depends on the interference. Usually, the interference causing poor internet performance comes from within the router and/or modem itself. Try disconnecting any devices not being used. Even if not being used, devices can be using the internet. This means that your router is processing more requests than just your computer's.

5. It's probably not the driver, but the network card itself. How old is your card? Can you afford a newer one?

6. See number two

7. You should clean all temporary files and downloads folder(s) and that stuff regularly no matter what. I use CCleaner for this.

8. Not necessarily true. It does help. But keep in mind that newer software does tax your hardware more.

9. This does nothing but verify if anything you did helped the speeds. Also keep in mind that results are not accurate 100% of the time. It's only accurate at that specific time.

I'm not saying that anything in that list is wrong. I'm saying there are other things that can cause performance issues. My list is compiled from personal experience and could very well contain wrong information. But to sum this all up:

This day and age, if your internet is slow, it's because either your system is out of date, or your internet package needs upgraded.

Edited by NNNOOOOOO (see edit history)