xisto Community
Avalon

First Try At A Sig

Thanks again folks, the feedback is appreciated. I agree with the pixel text, it is a little fuzzy. I tried it without anti aliasing and it looked awful, I might have just have do it by hand pixel by pixel to get clean looking text that small. I have a question tho, if I clean up that text now will that be against the SOTW rules?In answer to shigajet's question, I used Paintshop Pro with a few filters, I haven't really explored with brushes much, looks like I need to though. Why do I use Paintshop rather than Photoshop? While Paintshop is not as powerful as Photoshop, it's not far off. I have used it for a long time so I'm used to using it and it's a lot cheaper than Photoshop. The filters I used were:Eye Candy 3.01 - Glow Xenofex 2 - Little Fluffy CloudsXenofex 2 - ElectrifyPaintshop - Inner bevelI'd be lost without my filters! :D In addition to the information Phyre provided for melkonianarg, layers are very important, it allows you to compose the scene exactly the way you want it. You may find them difficult to learn but they will make your life much easier in the long run.A couple of people mentioned the background could do with improving. I was trying to get a stormy sky look, what improvements do you suggest?Once again, thanks for the feedback. :)

In addition to the information Phyre provided for melkonianarg, layers are very important, it allows you to compose the scene exactly the way you want it. You may find them difficult to learn but they will make your life much easier in the long run.

177210[/snapback]

You're my idol.

No, but really though...layering is ESSENTIAL.

So people, stop brushing directly on the background, or sticking your text above the color...stuff like that... :)

Wow, that's your first try? i can't wait to see when you get better.>_> cause thats a good sig. It would like, pwn my first ever sig. Its really great, the blending and cutting is good but could be a little better, cool lighting effect from text, and the bg is quite good too. Good job and keep it up. =D