xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
katagirl3000

Lasik Eye Surgery

I agree with webs. If your vision is not all that bad, you don't need to blow $1,500 on it. If you are worried about your apperence try contacts. A newer safer version of lasic is intralasic.

So what is this intralasic business?
It is a blade free procedure done on the eyes while you are under anesthetics.
It is done with lasers instead of blades for presicion.
You shouldn't drive or operate machinery for several hours afterward.

OMG !! Is Lasik that dangerous a surgery ??I thought i could do Lasik and rectify my eye problems.. But reading all this stuff over here, i am thinking about getting to glasses/contact lenses now..

Lasik can seem to be dangerous when you hear the unsuccessful stories, but in the end they have many more successful operations. I would recommend researching more lasik information before making up your mind about the surgery. I had it done a few years ago and it worked great for my eyes as I can see great.

for example, theprocedure involves holding your eye open and steady
without any movement (you will have to stare at a light)
for 2-3 minutes or longer.

ummmm... that may be incorrect. My mom had it done a few years back and she said it was over in seconds. So, might wanna check those facts again :P

I think i'd go for lasik in future. Glasses/contact lenses are expensive and troublesome and my eyes don't seem to adapt to contacts very well. Thanks for all the opinions in this thread. They will be useful when I make up my mind to go.

hi there, are you not thinking for another option like Lasik? Actually i also suffer 20 years of wearing thick glasses but last year i decided to undergo lasik and the outcome to me was amazing. I never expect that im gonna put my thick glass in the box, my vision now is 20/20 and i feel great about it. Just try to check http://www.my2020.com/ if you want to know more about lasik..God Bless you..

LASIK-1 was the best thing I?ve ever done for myself. I am a mother of a 3 year old and a 1 year old and that means a lot of waking up in the middle of the night. This translated to sleeping in my contacts so that I could see what I was doing when I had to check on my kids; after 20 years, it was starting to take a toll on the health of my eyes. Dr. Wiles is so informative and has such a calm demeanor; he put me at ease even though I was nervous about the procedure. He went through all of the steps involved in the treatment so that I knew exactly what to expect. I appreciate everything he has done to make my vision what it is today. I can now see 20/20 with no help."

Anyone know the ratio sucessful and failed surgery? After reading about how it can go bad I'm having second thoughts about getting it done anytime soon.

lasik?

Lasik Eye Surgery

Before I had my treatment with Dr. Wiles at Lasik-1,

I had trouble seeing clearly even with my glasses on. Now I can see my alarm clock without holding it in front of my face and I can see road signs without squinting. I don�t hate driving at night anymore. My life is so much better now; I only wish I had gone to Lasik-1 sooner! Thank you for helping me see what I�ve been missing!"

-reply by rockwell25

Lasik is pretty good now.Although I'm not a fan of lasik or any artificial vision correction, especially surgical, I would say that Lasik is not that bad.Most of the surgeries are successfull, people do see MUCH better than before, but most of them have some side effects.The eye exercises are very good too, but they require lot's of work and will power.I am a student of natural vision improvement and I want to be an optometrist too. I studied some cases when people needed corrections after lasik after some times (usually more than two years after the surgey), but I've met only one person that needed stronger corrections 4 after the surgery (He had only -2 before). This person went to natural eyesight treatment and after a year went back to -1, wearing them only for driving.So lasik is not bad, and remember that you can always go to the natural healling after it anyway...I would say...Go for it!Good luck!Eli.

Where is there help for lasik gone bad?

Lasik Eye Surgery

My husband had his eyea done in 2005. One eye was fine but the other was not. He then got an enhansment which has made his eye worse. Allthe doctors under the TLC plan has said that dry eye is the problem. Today we had to go to Kellogg eye center who says he only has a verymild dry eye issue,but feels that a hard contact lens might help him to see better getting rid of the double vision and other problems which cause him such grief. Some nights he is unable to even watch the tv . This is the only form of entertainment he has since he is disabled If there is anyone that might kwow some kind of solution to this problem please let us know It is terrible to see aloved one go through this. The depression they feel is written all over their faces the sleepless nights. I would love to give him my eye just to see him a smile.

Replying to Webz

-reply by mary

------- Admin Opinion -------

I would recommend PRANAYAM/PRANAYAMA and yoga.. Its a science of breathing and I do not know if this will help the eye directly. But it will definitely help fix the root cause of dryness in right eye.

Yoga is an exercise which has to be performed with heart n soul with 0 STRAIN on your body and breathing.

It requires patience, but the results will surprise you within a week :)

Also, Diet is something that makes you, so you and your husband both can experiment with a new way of living a healthy art of living :)

Regards,

Admin (Xisto)

Lasik eye surgery is where they cut layers off the cornea of your eye so that light refracts properly and focuses on your retina.It's a relatively safe procedure but of course like all surgery it does come with risks (but those complications are 'rare'), Of course the surgeon will inform you of those risks when you go for a consultation and then you make a choice.From personal experience, my sister had Lasik eye surgery done about 2 years ago and her vision has remained perfect ever since. Her vision was quite bad previously (she'd been wearing glasses since she was 6) and she is very happy with the results.It is irreversible however so if something does go wrong it is very hard to fix.I've heard both good and bad things about this type of surgery but luckily my eyesight is alright (not 20/20) but decent enough to survive without permanent glasses.