xisto Community
astraesboi

Brain Teaser

u can say this: 101-10˛=1 !!!

176963[/snapback]

I don't know... I think my answer is also correct. Math is not only in base 10 but base 2~9 (why limit your calculations with 10 digits when you can do it in 9 or less? :) ) I only moved ONE digit, literally, and base was never a factor that could not be included.

rvalkass, when you type them using Word or anything that can do special fonts, and copy & paste you can make it to reveal just about anything. BB codes do not have the superscript capability.

shift 1 digit right?

let me try

101-102=1

replace the last digit of 10"1" with 2 so it will be 102

the result wil be like this

102-101=1 thats it!

-reply by halfblood

Replying to astraesboiBlah it's quite simple.101-102 = 1? You guys have to think OUTSIDE the box. You still move one digit, such as moving the 101's "1" to the "1" on the other side of the = sign will be 10 - 102 = 11, which is wrong.If you really wanna know the answer, scroll down.--------------Last chance! Do you REALLY wanna know? XD------Alright! Here is the answer. You move the 102's "2"!! XD Where? Well, think. :) Could you move it up? :D Yes you can!This is the answer:101-10^2 (10 to the power of 2) = 1.Nice brain teaser! Took me a while but finally got it.-reply by Kevin