xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
katagirl3000

What do you do when you're Blue

What do you do when you're feeling Blue?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I usually eat a lot but when I'm blue I eat even more! I rely on comfort food to make me feel better and that usually works! Also, I try to go to the mall or I just walk to clear my head and be enlightened. Music is good too! :P

If you put OTHER, please write down what it is in a post. I've been feeling a little blue a lot lately but not because i'm depressed or anything. It's just that things haven't been going as well as I would like for a while and nobody can really put up with that with a positive attitude for a long time (unless they're really good at exersize:P) .Endorphins are our body's natural happy drug B)

19032[/snapback]

There are times that anyone of us feel bad for many reasons, but when times comes it is important for us to do something to override sadness or sorrows, if not things get worst and worst and worst.

For me listening to music would put me into trouble I am emotional type of person when I heard music especially a love song or those music that used to remind me of my past I started to feel bad. So instead of listening to music I rather chose to go somewhere, relax, play games, watch movies but no wine involve. That's what I did when I feel blue.:P

Hmmm - I usually feel 'down' if I don't get enough sleep. Like the other day I spent the whole night preparing some lessons for some students of mine, and the next day I felt so 'listless' and rather depressed.

I tend to use sleep and exercise to deal with feeling low or depressed. When I catch myself thinking the wrong kinds of thoughts, I get a hold of myself and ask - are you really depressed, or are you just tired? And then I look back and usually find that I haven't had enough sleep, so I just put everything to one side and sleep. (I might mention that I live a rather 'uncivilized' lifestyle in the east that's not as 'time-based' as life in the west, and so have considerable freedom with my schedule).

When I wake up, I engage in a tough workout, usually either martial-arts, or weights or 'ability-training' which basically are different exercises we do in Ninjutsu to train different abilities - our balance, our ability to make leaps, our control in mid-air, the ability to throw objects accurately. Anyway, the activity is unimportant - what's important is that all of it is strenuous and gets my heart rate up. Sometimes I go rock-climbing or for a hike in the mountains.

After one of these 'exercise sessions' I feel tired, but in a nice sort of way, and I don't feel depressed or low anymore.

Just my way of dealing with feeling down - not saying it's a 'cure-all' for depression or anything of the sort.

hello all, i have a tip that i read somewhere in a book, and i think there's alot of truth in it. Basically it read: Grief that is not expressed become Depression, a very unnatural emotion. Grief is the feeling of loss. Now this could be the loss of a loved or the loss of a contact lens, but if you don't express the grief naturally, you repress it and become depressed.So the best thing to do in my opinion would be to just grieve over whatever it is that is making you feel at loss. What is making you feel sad? Just fell the feeling and move on. You could try to turn the sadness into gladness, by focusing on feeling the sad feeling for as long as possible, then it will go away on it's own. The energy will have moved upwards, into a higher feeling of gladness. Also, more tips on beating depression would be to first and foremost, get rid of all negative influences in your life. So often we have friends or family members that bring us 'down', and we do not deserve to be brought down by anyone! Do not judge, just move on. They are not what you need right now. Learn how to let go graciously, as they are in your life for some reason. It is up to you to learn the lesson they are there to give, then acknowledge your gratitude for it, and go on with your life. Also, you could try improving the quality of foods that you eat. Notice i did not say to 'go on a diet'. A diet is too restricting, and you were meant to be free! Free from the fear of being fat, in my opinion ... And as long as you commit to feeding yourself the highest quality of foods that you can find, i.e. raw, fresh, organic, fruits/vegetables, then you will become stronger, healthier, and more empowered to take control over your emotions. You can also try eating more RAW cocoa. It has beneficial nutrients, more than most any other food. It also helps lift depression, because it causes you to feel endorphins that lead to feeling happier. Thats raw cocoa, not milk chocolate. You can find it by typing raw cocoa into google, and ordering it online. (I have not found it in health food stores...yet.)

Edited by kraizii88z (see edit history)

Hmmm - I usually feel 'down' if I don't get enough sleep. Like the other day I spent the whole night preparing some lessons for some students of mine, and the next day I felt so 'listless' and rather depressed.

I tend to use sleep and exercise to deal with feeling low or depressed. When I catch myself thinking the wrong kinds of thoughts, I get a hold of myself and ask - are you really depressed, or are you just tired? And then I look back and usually find that I haven't had enough sleep, so I just put everything to one side and sleep. (I might mention that I live a rather 'uncivilized' lifestyle in the east that's not as 'time-based' as life in the west, and so have considerable freedom with my schedule).

When I wake up, I engage in a tough workout, usually either martial-arts, or weights or 'ability-training' which basically are different exercises we do in Ninjutsu to train different abilities - our balance, our ability to make leaps, our control in mid-air, the ability to throw objects accurately. Anyway, the activity is unimportant - what's important is that all of it is strenuous and gets my heart rate up. Sometimes I go rock-climbing or for a hike in the mountains.

After one of these 'exercise sessions' I feel tired, but in a nice sort of way, and I don't feel depressed or low anymore.

Just my way of dealing with feeling down - not saying it's a 'cure-all' for depression or anything of the sort.

And i agree with Yratorm, also. I feel also that it might be tough to go out and exersize when you are feeling down, but it can have the quickest results in making you feel 'up'. It also might be a good idea to do what he said: go rock climbing or hiking in the woods, as these activites will also make you feel better because you will be outside, and you can feel the sun on your face and the wind in your hair.

The fresh air and exersize will also strengthen and cleanse your lungs, which help you breath deeper and more efficiently. Deep breathing has been called a total body tonic, because it gets into deep places, and soothes the nerves and balances the body.

Also, the sun is an important factor in maintaining a healthy outlook on life. It is the only soure for your b-6 vitamin, and a great source of vitamin b-12, two very important vitamins for mental health.

i hope that these tips help with the depression factor, that is becoming very common in our (United States/UK) society. If you follow up on all or all of this advice, you will find that there's always a way, and that taking medication is not always neccesery!!

Edited by kraizii88z (see edit history)

Often when I'm blue, I tend to feel moody and frustrated that things are just going as well as I want them to. For me, the best remedy is usually to talk it over with a friend. Usually it helps take my mind off of it a bit by sharing the problem and discuss possible solutions together.

When i am in blue mode ,in fact i am in blue mode now, i usually listen to music and sing with the singer .And i will forget something which made me depressed. Or I will watch TV .Some grogramm allow us to escape from reality into a different world where i can forget my troubles. Or i will do nothing while i sit silently, and close my eyes for mintues. i will forge my troubles too.

When i am in blue mode ,in fact i am in blue mode now, i usually listen to music and sing

sing with me faund....

o/`o/`o/` raindrop on roses and whiskers on kittens....bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens....brown paper packages tied up with strings o/`o/`o/`

:rolleyes:

ok ok....you will have to watch the sound of music for that to make sense....

Thank anwiii. It will do nothing,when you are in blue you listen to music and sing,i feel now. I felt tired and troubled that day. At first i listened to music and sing . It didn't work. Then i went to bed. But i can't be asleep. I think i am too tired. Next I watched TV.TV programs are poor so i give up. At last i find a topic in a forum about divorce and marriage. A woman was scolded by all peole in the forum,who wrote some article in her blog about how made boy friend with a married man (for money) and got married . And she insulted ex-wife. Many people was angry about her. It took me much time to read article and reply .Furthmore there is so many picture about heroine. when I finished ,i feel at ease . i don't know why. I think it is a good way to read some amusing or interesting news in a forum.Then you can make reply. Others don't know who you are. you can make some different opion. You can play different role between in your real life. I am a teacher in my life. I should be an example when i am facing my students. i can't say this. i can't do this. So sometimes i felt a bit annoyed. So it is good i can express myself on line.

That's why I love having my girlfriend.When I get depressed she doesn't even have to saying anything to cheer me up. All she has to do is walk up to me and give me a big hug and kiss. Before I had her I was depressed a lot of the time, I think love is a natural anti-depressant.

When I feel depressed, I find I just need to take some time alone. The idea of going out and talking about it with a bunch of people always seems dreadful when I'm down...I'd much rather just go to my corner and be quiet for awhile. I heard that in Ancient Greece, what we consider "depression" was just considered "melancholy," and it was expected that you would feel that way every now and then. When you did, it was thought that you needed to take some time to yourself and reflect, because if you were feeling this way, you were perhaps heading in the wrong direction and needed to reconsider things. I think this can be a great way to think about sadness, as a natural time when your mind is telling you that you need to stop and think about some things. I feel like sometimes we are too quick to turn to drugs or other artificial ways of forcing ourselves out of bad moods. The mood serves a purpose; by simply covering up the feelings and not considering why you are feeling that way, any solution will most likely be temporary.

you know when im feeling especialy emotional i find that it helps to have some patience and wait. i give myself some time to go and do something else first so i can calm down, and get my head straight, an after accomplishing whatever distractive activity i've found i return to my problem and i look to the core of what it is. giving things some time settle is a big aid that i have found to save myself from a lot of mistakes. simply put rushing about and doing things when you are emotionaly unstabe creates nothin but problems.now as for the things i do when im angry or whatnot, i've found some pranayama to be effective. pranayama is a branch of yoga that focuses of controlling the breath as a form of seperating your mind from the illusions of reality so that you remember that the world is made up illusions that people create and the most effective way to see through the illusion is to look closely at the factors and issues that make up the present situation you find yourself in. after some practice i actualy dont find myself getting angry with valid problems that occure from combinations of factors. i've come to look at the world in terms of things/issues that make up not only what i am thinking or seeing but what others are seeing the present as.another thing i do is read. which is a complete 180 from the concept behind my use of pranayama listed above. i've found that sometimes all my mind really needs is sometime to get everything off my mind for a while, and so when i dont have the time to sit quitely and do some pranayama i get a book that i find intresteing and read it untill i am completely forgeting what angered me in the first place. now i must admit that this is not always the best way to get over whatever is bothering me, its whats called escapism. it is finding a way out of your problems temporarily without doing anything to fix the real issues in the first place.there are tons of forms of escapeism. most are rooted in some sort of procrastination or personal defense mechanisim. sometime people use video games, books, or even excersize. litteraly anything could b used. i think thats kind of the nature of hobbies. but theres on thing that i have found that works better than most and that is listening to people who have problems worse than you do. i used to have a friend i knew from highschool that was a reall problem child, not attractive, and everyone in school picked on her and called her a ****. she of course didnt know any really good methods to deal with her problems so she'd only get into more trouble. but for some odd reason i'd go over to her house and hang out with her a bit, play halo live with her brother and then eat dinner with her family. and almost every moment i was over there i got to sit and listen to the chaos her family was, constant bickering and fighting, areguing and endless fussing. it wasnt until later that i realized going over there was actualy my own way of making myself realize that my problems wernt as big as hers. and even if i did have a big problem i reveled in the fact tht i was the kind of person who tackled his problems and knew not to let them weigh myself down. having something to look at that presnts an idea of how to better yourself can be a catalyst for constructive action. some people have pictures of religeous figures like jesus, buddhas, hindu gods, gurus and saints. things like these if you are firmly devoted to them can be like a static mindset you have set aside, which when you turn your attention to these things they will remind you of things. not just someting positive but an example for how to go forward with your life. and not everyone uses religious figures, for some its a great grandparent who was finacialy succesfull, or a historical figure who stood for something close to the hearts and minds of many. i personaly enjoy making my own versions of shinto and taoist protection seals. i know thats really far out there, but the trick is to find something that tugs at your heart strings, something that motivates you instantly.