xisto Community
askingboss

Is The Ps1 Gone From The Market? you can only buy it eBay now...

with all the new game console systems coming out, PlayStation1 is out of style and for the people that actually do own it, it is very hard to find any parts that might be broken to replace them. I been all over town looking for a new controller, because the one i got is busted and no one sells them anymore. Also games for it are all gone now. Only way i think to buy them now is eBay.

if anyone else knows any store that still sells PS1 games?

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Topic titles are important at Xisto. PS1 is not descriptive. Renamed.
Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

If only you posted this earlier, I would have sold you all my controllers, and even throw in a free Console and like 50 games but I already sold it.I think that ElectronicsBoutique, EBGames, Fun-co-land, and some other places sell them. Although, I am not sure if you have any of those near you.

Yea, Electronics Boutique is the way to go, they have all games young and old....I get most of my games and onsoles from there.. (Xbox games used to be buy one get one free)

I haven't even touched my (modified) Playstation 1 in about five years, and I'm also thinking of selling my PS2 as well since smaller version of the console have been created (well, that and PS3 coming out soon).

I haven't even touched my (modified) Playstation 1 in about five years, and I'm also thinking of selling my PS2 as well since smaller version of the console have been created (well, that and PS3 coming out soon).

173924[/snapback]

I really sorprended that people who has a PS1 have problems to buy replacement parts, And i want to tell you something that maybe is very sorpendent for you, In countries like Argentina, Brazil, etc, Today's besides of the PS2, PS1, XBOX, etc, the shops are selling the console SEGA GENESIS III ( a 16 bit console that was launched nearly 1994) and other of 8 bits that i not remember the name....

So If you need a PS1 part, come to South America that here is a young console ;-)

kservice

Its gone no way possible i saw it at ebagmes....lolbut i mean i played it for so many years and its gone geez i remember the x-mas i got the thing hmm i was i think 10 it was so great its definitely one of my personal fav's i never got bored amazingly.....lmaoI dunno i still play some games on it sadly..lolI think its one of the best i mean as bad as this sounds i enjoyed it more then ps2 :P but then again its my opinion others will feel other wise and ebay outtta all places im always gettin emails how people trying to hack my account on ebay so me no more buy from ebay not safe at all!has anyone else got hacked from ebay??? just curious ok dont go off topic srybut ya ps1 im sure its not that dead not at walmart or nuttin if not thats whatck....cuz it been around 4 sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolong if ya get what i mean.....lmfao :P:P-_-:P:P:o

Man i member that Playstation 1....wow that was a long time ago i had that...only game on PS2 i really like is GTA San Andreas...but i use it for dvd alot anyway so i keep it -_-. But PS1 damn been so long since i played that. I remember i used to play Hot Shots golf..lmfao it was so fun at the time (wit mah cuzins of course) ...but nowadays..me thinkin of playin it seems pointless lol, but hey thats just my opionion :P

Its about time anyway I mean its been out for like 10 years, and if production has not yet beed cancelled I have a very strong feeling that when the ps3 comes out it will, I havent even played a ps1 game in about 4 years, and what with the 'new' slimeline ps2 it dosen't make much sence for sony to continue to make ps1's.

all this is very very true...loli mean xbox is dvd oplayer tho and san andreas with better gameplay and lil better gfx...lmfaoWell in my opinion anyways....i should hook up my ps1 see what its like after all the millenium gaming it would be like going from n64 to nintendo entertainment sytstem also known as(NES)LOL that would be kinda weird odnt think it would last long ya know...lolanyways seems like this topic is starting to die out ......cya"ll around, -_-

A store called Game Crazy sells them. You can get a new one there for like $50. They're really cool because you can get a new Playstation 2, X-Box, or Nintendo Gamecube, and it comes with 2 games and 10 free rentals from Hollywood video. You can also get used Sega Dreamcastts, Nintendo 64, or Gameboy Color/Super Gameboy for around $25.

Yeah the playstation one is still on sell ehre in Texas. They only sell the psone which is the smaller version. And you can still pick up games for it new and used. But why do you want to get a ps1? i mean you could get a used ps2 for a real good price....and it plays ps1 and ps2 games....or you could get a program on your computer that plays playstation games....*but i wont go into that* just wondering why though....