xisto Community
cumar11

What Electronic Device Would You Take To Desert Island

I'm borrowing a page from s243a's modded fridge and ask for a fully-stocked self-sufficient solar-powered mansion. Oh wait, I can have all the battery life I need, right? I'd like that to answer to my needs for food, shelter and clothing. No use having an XBox or Playstation if I won't live long enough to enjoy it, right? No sense having a cellphone or Internet access if the pizza delivery guy can't reach you, right? And I'd rather not return to the city, not after I have found my get-away-from-it-all hermit spot. I wouldn't mind growing old alone, if I'm enjoying every minute of it :(I'd very much like a spa or hot tub, an entertainment center, a fully-stocked fridge, an electronically controlled climate garden and a couple of servers hooked (wirelessly, of course) to the Internet.Maybe I'd even rake in some cash if I could lease server space for web hosting. Then I'd use that cash to gain access to... some sites <_<

i would take super computer with me. and few dedicated servers to start my own free hosting service <_< and yeah will not forget to take a settlite link to connect cause i don't think i would get a wireless connection there..

I'd take a Wireless-Enabled laptop, and maybe hook it up to a Sattelite Link if I need to. Then I could order food and living essentials, communicate with everybody via e-mail, and basically have everything I need.Plus, my laptop would run Linux, so it would never crash. I just have to make sure I don't drop it in the sea...

desert can be an adjective as well as a nounWhat Electronic Device Would You Take To Desert IslandReplying to BuffaloHELPFirst of all, the term "desert island" does not mean that it is a "desert", as in the Sahara. Using it in this context it does actually mean what it is intended to mean. The word "desert", in the question posed, is an adjective in this case and not an noun. The adjective desert as used in "desert island" literally means an island that is deserted. I would check my grammar resources next time you want to criticize someone's word usage.-reply by grammarwhiz