xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psychiccyberfreak

Macromedia Mx Studio 8 the newest installment is allmost here

yeah, macromedia is coming out with mx studio 8 in a few weeks, soposetivly. The box is the same old black design. I wonder what new and usefull features will be coming in this new edition. I'm expecting some more actionscript, and some more pre-scripted stuff. Just building on all the stuff they have now. who knows, mabie it'll be a completely different studio, or a new program... -_- we'll see really soon I guess.

Anyone remember how Adobe bought out Macromedia recently? I don't know the physical working of this buy-out and how it affected the overall staff and structure of either company, but all things concidered, I'd be expecting applications like Fireworks and Freehand, for example, to start taking a shape more closely resembling that of Photoshop and ImageReady. From a marketing stand-point, it would make sens to try and make every release of MX-Studio more closely resemble that of Adobe's products, slowly, but surely. So that in the future, we will see people eventually breaking off from Macromedia's line of products since Adobe's will be essentially the same thing, and they'll be the official releases from a more established company (albeit both being the same company, but people will feel otherwise due to the names and corporate logos). Soon enough, Adobe can kill Macromedia completely, make Flash part of their own product lines, and get people used to an environment close enough to their own applications' that switching wouldn't be a problem for most of the userbase.

But then again, this is al speculation. I don't really know if any of this has any merit, to be honest. -_-

I hope Adobe won?t kill Macromedia products. Flash and Dreamweaver are solid standards with very few competitors, but I love Freehand much more than Illustrator and although I still find Photoshop better, I enjoy Fireworks a lot.Let?s expect what?s new with Macromedia MX Studio 8 :P

I have saved enough money to buy Macromedia Studio 8. although I have not used any of the macromedia products/softwares before, I am sure I would love using them. I drool everytime I see Flash powered websites, and I and all I can do is watch them move infront of my eyes. I have desiged flash banners and logos using Adobe ImageReady (by exporting and importing) before, but there is nothing better than using Macromedia Flash Professional and Dreamweaver.