xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
clau

Network Help Network Help

Hi,My problem is the folowing: I have a small network between 2 PC. One is with XP (access the internet) and the other with 98. I made the network between them but it is not working right. The internet is working fine on both of them but the two PC's don't see the other one. I can't see the other computer from Network Neighborhood or from Total Commander or in any other way.Can somebody help me?

Does windows XP have NTFS Partitions?If so you the 98 will never be able to see the shared folders or files.Do you have any folders shared on both machines?

Over the network (either LAN or WAN) two different operating systems can see each other if:

1) Your network or computer workgroup name MUST be identical for any computer to access each other
2) You have to have at least one folder set to "share" on each computer

For your cross reference, check out http://forums.xisto.com/topic/21650-network-problems-i-need-some-help/

3) Restart your systems and see if it works. Windows XP will recognize Windows 98 faster than vice versa.