xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
whistle

How To Stop The Spam That Pirates My Domain?

I am sorry if I put this topic in the wrong forum, but I really do not know where to post it. When I try to search my domain in google for finding how popular it is, I find that a lot of spams with email addresses of my domain. I think that it maybe happen before I got my domain. But in fact, it is going on. There is no mail server of my domain, but the senders of those spam email are based on my domain, i.e. spamer@mydomain.com.I found that there a lot blog and gustlist sufferring spams of my domain. I am afraid of taking the resposibilies that I do not deserve. Maybe my email based on my domain could be refused by a lot of email server because of those fake spam email, I guess so. Maybe someone try to a sue me....I suffer too much garbage queries from the spams. My domain was hosted on a free dns hosting server. It told me running out of query quata one day, I am forced to move my domain to another free dns hosting server. My domain is like a shuttle from one place to another. I am so helpless. How can I tell them not to query my domain? No information indentifies which one is from a spam and which one is not. How can it be tolerated so long?If you receive a spam email, you could use the option to block the email address or the whole domain. I am not glad to see this happened to me. If a lot of email server block all my email some day, it must be a terrible lost. How can I to fight back to those spammer? Or any method I could take to resolve it.

Use a honeypot (project honeypop - google for it) is good. But really other than using spamassasin which stops YOU from receiving spam, there's nothing you can do really. It's too late, the addresses are out there.It would help if you told us which domain, which DNS service etc.

if you have no money for busines anti-spam project.i....oh,i'm sorry.i think you must use lots of business anti-spam project like trend and mcafee and sun..then no good ways for the spam mails

If they already have your email that stinks but for future reference here is what I think you should do. Spammers do not go after addresses themselves it would take far too long so they use robots that look for email addresses. If you make your emails look like this when you put them on your site: bob[no spam]@[no spam]yoursite.com instead of this: bob@yoursite.com . That is an easy fix for any site and its free too. Just make sure your site visitors know to remove the [no spam]. I hope this works for someone in the future.

i got an idea...delete your domain, delete all your files on your computer...delete your e-mail adresses... and trow your computer out of the window at a 20 story high building...maybe it will work... -_-

Notice from someone:
Off topic wassie.

I am sorry for my bad description. I think that all of you are misunderstood what I want to dress. Sorry again. I did not talk the spam mail to the mail box, but I meant fake emails which said them from my domain.As we know, people can send a mail with a fake sender name and them spam to a lot of blogs and booklists. I mean that "A" can send a mail with the sender name called "B". That is, a spammer can send a mail pretending to be sent from a mail server with a domain of yours. In the case, I mean my domain. How to do this? If you learn the mail() function of php, you will know about that. I would not mention what my domain is, I try to keep it secret. sorry. Because it won't improve it no matter whether it is presented or not.Anyway, how to resolve the problem?

I am sorry for my bad description. I think that all of you are misunderstood what I want to dress. Sorry again. I did not talk the spam mail to the mail box, but I meant fake emails which said them from my domain.

As we know, people can send a mail with a fake sender name and them spam to a lot of blogs and booklists. I mean that "A" can send a mail with the sender name called "B". That is, a spammer can send a mail pretending to be sent from a mail server with a domain of yours. In the case, I mean my domain. How to do this? If you learn the mail() function of php, you will know about that.

I would not mention what my domain is, I try to keep it secret. sorry. Because it won't improve it no matter whether it is presented or not.

Anyway, how to resolve the problem?

172339[/snapback]

how long has it been since you had that domain? perhaps it was previously owned by a spammer before, and he used it for mass mailing/spam purposes. and then it expired, and you acquired it... and all search results you see in search engines of this email address with your domain are those of the previous owner's spam attempts. or it could be that your site is so popular that your domain gets spoofed a lot. or maybe you have an enemy who is an accomplished spammer who does it out of spite spoofing emails with your domain in it. unlikely, but it's all plausible. :P as for legal repercussions, authorities would trace back all email headers to the sender, and unless it originates from you and traced back to you, you will have no problem with that (i think).

the only way to resolve it, i guess, is to drop that domain, register a new one, and hope against all odds that it won't happen again. -_-

how long has it been since you had that domain? perhaps it was previously owned by a spammer before, and he used it for mass mailing/spam purposes. and then it expired, and you acquired it...

172436[/snapback]

Yes, you got it. It is a good and shot domain. I love it.

and all search results you see in search engines of this email address with your domain are those of the previous owner's spam attempts.

172436[/snapback]

Unfortunately, it happens everyday. I mean that it will go on in the future still.

or it could be that your site is so popular that your domain gets spoofed a lot. or maybe you have an enemy who is an accomplished spammer who does it out of spite spoofing emails with your domain in it. unlikely, but it's all plausible. -_- as for legal repercussions, authorities would trace back all email headers to the sender, and unless it originates from you and traced back to you, you will have no problem with that (i think).

172436[/snapback]

All I think it just continues what it did before, no matter the spammer won or lost his domain. It's too surprising to me. I never image it before. It is too bad. Is there no resolution to stop it?