xisto Community
Adamrosso

Windows Vista! Microsofts Next OS

Bringing clarity to your world

Windows Vista (formerly code named Longhorn) Beta 1 for developers and IT professionals has begun. Check this site regularly to find the most up to date information and links to other sites at Microsoft related to Windows Vista.

-----------------------------------

Windows Vista: A clear breakthrough

Windows Vista is a huge leap forward in personal computing. Advances in reliability, security, ease of deployment, performance, and manageability make it easy to:

Confidently do what you want, when you want, and where you want

Clearly organize your work and play in powerful new ways

Connect seamlessly with other people, devices, and computers

Windows Vista has something for everyone. Users will love the fast startup time and even faster return from sleep state. IT departments face fewer user problems and enjoy more automated repair and easier administration. Organizations and enterprises benefit from less downtime, fewer IT hassles, and greater productivity.

Reliability: From prevention through recovery

Windows Vista detects hardware problems before they occur; reduces the frequency of incidents in which applications stop responding or the PC needs to be restarted; and automatically recovers from startup and service failures. How do you benefit? No data loss, no frustration, and no downtime.

Security: Defense in depth

Windows Vista is the most secure and trustworthy Windows operating system ever, and it helps organizations achieve their business and computing goals with confidence. Windows Vista security features protect against the latest generation of threats, such as worms, viruses, and malware. If an attacker manages to compromise a computer, Windows Vista limits the damage.

Deployment: Image-based setup

An image-based setup makes Windows Vista much easier to deploy than earlier versions of the Windows operating system. Installation is more reliable and takes advantage of built-in imaging technology and tools. Upgrades from earlier versions of Windows are clean installations that allow you to preserve user data and settings.

Performance: Fast and responsive

Windows Vista delivers improved performance where youre sure to notice it. Enjoy the faster startup time and low power consumption of the new sleep state. In many cases, Windows Vista is noticeably more responsive than Windows XP on identical hardware.

Management: Greater control and better tools

Windows Vista simplifies and centralizes desktop configuration management, reducing the cost of keeping systems updated.

-------------------------------------

Windows Vista: End-to-end experiences

Windows Vista brings clarity to your world by seamlessly connecting you to people and devices, enabling a new level of confidence in your PC, and introducing clear ways to easily organize and use your information so you can focus on what matters to you.

Explore the Windows Vista features that give you clarity and confidence in four key experiences:

Productivity and Information Management

Windows Vista improves efficiency across common PC activities, and introduces powerful, flexible ways to visualize and organize information, easier ways to share files, and safer Web surfing and email.

Mobile and Connected

Windows Vista makes it easier to use computers and networks while on the go.

Networking and Connectivity

Windows Vista simplifies the task of connecting to networks, data and people.

Assistance, Upgrading and Backup

Windows Vista eases the burden on IT professionals and help desks; automatically detects and resolves known problems; and provides easy-to-use backup and restore techniques.

-----------------------------------

Windows Vista: Next-generation platform

Windows Vista is fundamentally different from earlier versions of Windows, and this difference is already sparking innovation across the computer industry.

Windows Vista introduces development innovations that help developers create next-generation applications that take full advantage of Windows Vista, including:

WinFX, a managed-code programming model

Windows Presentation Foundation (formerly Avalon), Microsofts unified presentation subsystem for Windows

Windows Communication Foundation (formerly Indigo), Microsofts next-generation Web services technology

Aero, the new Windows Vista design philosophy

-------------------------------------

Well i end this topic with the first images of windows Vista:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

-------------------------------

Also, my dad is a beta-tester of Windows Vista. I am using it right now, and it rocks =D

Notice from moonwitch:
Fully copied content. Credits have been adjusted. Reducing Hosting credits worth 15 days. Have put quotes in but you can just go to the windows webstie and read it there.

Edited by moonwitch (see edit history)

Sounds hot. I currently used windows xp myself and love its stability. So Windows Vista is even Better, wow. However, I hate the "Activation " process though.I mean, i think when you buy a sofware you can install a copy on one computer, but you can also have the mobility to decide to install it on another computer and delete the software from the old computer.I mean, that would still only be using the software on one computer; and the rules is Terms is not break. Right?

I Think That Windows Vista sucks, because it must have a 64 bit proccessor, which even most new computers in australia don't have yet!

192992[/snapback]

actully, i don't think that is true. Windows Vista will works best with a 64 bit proccessor but that doesn't means it can't run on a 32 bit.

64 bit prossessors are coming into effect most newer hi end prossessors are 4 bit!!!And yeah i had longhorn but the file was curropted so it wouldnt install...Is windows trying to look like a mac?and also its not going to be long before hackers get to it lol....

windows vista is 32bit, windows xp x64 is for 64-bit. there's probably a function where the optimize it for your 32bit or 64bit processor. anyways i say it looks nice, but it's power consuming...so renderers and gamers may get a loss in performance.

I haven't seen any major improvements from windows xp to vista that would make me purcahse it. To me it just looks like an unessisary re-write of the windows operating sytem. Perhaps I will change my mind when it is released and I can see what it can do.

It does look very attractive but i am beggining to wonder weather it will become "too user friendly". Based on the windows xp defualt settings, hide file extentions, hide control panel, hide system files etc... i hope we dont see more of that.

I Think That Windows Vista sucks, because it must have a 64 bit proccessor, which even most new computers in australia don't have yet!

192992[/snapback]

It has major support for 64-bit processor, but according to the Microsoft TechNet page, it needs a "modern" processor. I wouldn't think that Microsoft would support 32-bit processors, although they are welcome to encourage it.