xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kasm

The Most Beautiful Egyptian Mummy Was Discovered Major Discovery in Saqqara - Egypt

At the necropolis of Saqqara necropolis, 25 km south of Giza- Egypt, a beautiful Late Period mummy, as well as two false doors, within the vicinity of the pyramid of the Sixth Dynasty King Teti [Press Release of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA)]

Posted Image

Nice... Although, you should've provided a link to the picture. It's a bit too big for the forum. Youu should either provide a link or scale it down.I thought it was Nefertiti (spelling?) but I guess I was thinking of the most beautiful Egyptian queen, and not the mummy... :D

Ye gods, thumbnails please :DBut other than that, very well preserved sarcophagus. History's always been a favored subject of mine so this is a great find.

That is a very neat find. At one point a few years ago, I thought I would like to eventually study Egyptology. Now it's nothing more than a simple interest.

Yeah, the title of the topic may my thinking of a queen, not the mummy itself (with all the design, etc.). And, what is meant by two FALSE DOORS? Are they like trap doors to prevent bycomers from finding the mummy?If so, that is weird. I mean, I thought the purpose of making the mummy was for people in the future to remember him/her and be awed with the pretty design and jewelries, and stuff.

Thats one big, pretty mummy! But I thought by the tittle that it would be a mummy with big jugs and perfect skin. Darn -_- Seriously though, use thumbs next time. Took 10 min for it to load for me.

173522[/snapback]

The mummy is inside this cover

That mummy is so fascinating! I so want to be an archaeologist and maybe a study Egyptology too but did anyone notice the rare designs(SO COOL)!

what is this two false doors?The Most Beautiful Egyptian Mummy Was Discovered

hey

I appreciate the way sarcophagus is  founded preserved./txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley14.Gif. But I really thought it was the mummy we were supposed to be shown its just the coffin. I am waiting to see the mummy. /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley6.Gif

-reply by elza mathew