xisto Community
biscuitrat

A Sig For Sandy (my Doggie) Its grungy. Wow...

Today's my doggie's 3rd birthday so I thought I'd throw her a sig. Not like she's ever going to see it and understand it though - she's content with a giant bone and a party hat.

Posted Image

Anyways, this took me about fifteen minutes in Photoshop. Most of the time was spent isolating my doggie from this picture of her using the polygonal lasso (my best friend!). The edges are still kind of iffy, but I'm not very good at lassoing to such detail that I can get the curves right. I could have tried magnetic, but polygonal was easier.

Then I made the background a flat dark red and sponged it a few times with a beige grungy brush to get that texture. I added a filled in bit of Sandy with a light stroke, and then dropped my doggie on top of it to get a vague shadow effect. Then I added a grunge text, subtitle, and border and I was done.

Rate/comment/criticize - the usual. Oh, and Sandy loves you <3 :D

Not seeing the dog. Am I looking at it from the bottom? Belly-view? If it is, then I love it. Simple and fun. I'd make it bigger with a picture of the dog that looks like you're looking at her snout.

You know what? It's funny...I remember now that my best friend in Houston had a dog that looked just like that, and her name was Sandy too. You didn't steal Jared's dog, did you? :DAnyway, as I told you before, awesome sig. Every element works perfectly, and you gotta love the quote. :DI LOVE Sandy! :D

Looks great. Or in doggy words, BOW WOW :D

I LOVE SANDY MORE! :D

171476[/snapback]

No, you can't possibly love her more, cause I've already....taken care of....anyone that does. :D

That's my doggie on her back rolling around. I should make one for my old cat too - I swear, she's twisted herself into a backwards circle before. It's crazy.Actually, we got her from a shelter. They found her wandering around as a puppy somewhere in Houston and we got her a few months later when she was an adolescent. A freaking goofy adolescent. And now she's fat, happy, perfectly at home, and she's so freaking spoiled she eats all her food on her special doggie bed (it's a thick carpet with a comforter on it :D)God, I swear she eats more than my brother, which is a feat in itself.

That's my doggie on her back rolling around. I should make one for my old cat too - I swear, she's twisted herself into a backwards circle before. It's crazy.

Actually, we got her from a shelter. They found her wandering around as a puppy somewhere in Houston and we got her a few months later when she was an adolescent. A freaking goofy adolescent. And now she's fat, happy, perfectly at home, and she's so freaking spoiled she eats all her food on her special doggie bed (it's a thick carpet with a comforter on it :D)

God, I swear she eats more than my brother, which is a feat in itself.

171606[/snapback]

Haha, that's exactly how my friend got his Sandy. And she got way big. O.O She knocks people over, cause she's way goofy and playful and BIG.

And she eats EVERYTHING. I don't know how many burritos and sandwiches I've lost to that....VACCUUM of a dog. =/

Hahaha. Sandy's a beagle lab so she's kinda plump thanks to those giant lab muscles (so buff @_@) but she's also short. It's a cute mix - she's smart but so dopey. I wuv her!If you ranked dogs by their digestion, Sandy would come out first. She has a tendency to move her food bowl to the dining table to try and eat when my brother's eating only to take his food from his plate when he goes to get something. You have to be very careful around her. I've caught her browsing counters and even in my lunchbox for a little snack.