xisto Community
cragllo

Most Stable Windows Version What do you think was the most stable...

What do you think the most stable version of Windows ever made is?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personaly I think Windows 98se was the most stable, XP has too much crap on it, ME has the most bugs by far!! I had it, decided to downgrade to 98se and everything was 80% better!

Well, I've only used 98/ME/ and XP, out of all I'd say XP. I've never used 98SE but I hear it's the most stable version. Course I've never used it so I wouldn't know.When I had ME, I got the blue screen of death ALL the time. It was pathetic.I still have XP, and I'm fine with it.

single digit versions are cheesy by today's standards, but they are not that bloated yet then, and can be mostly said to be "most stable" :D too bad today's softwares are not all that backward-compatible with these versions anymore. lolz! i switch from win98se to win2000 via dualboot, in cases where i need apps which would not run in one version or the other. i never installed winxp on my drive (yup, the crap in xp stinks :D), though i may yet to try this when i get to require a software which will not run in my installed win OS versions. but so far, i am happy to be sticking it out with win98se for most of the time. :D longhorn/vista soon? maybe after 10 years... lolz!

i would have to say xp on that one lol its good (well atleast i think) tho i have only used windows 98 and xp i think xp is the best out of them lol

If I have to trust my sources, Win2K is the most stablest server platform in the windows series. Windows XP is more for the home user and can be stable if all the bloatware is stripped. So far the most stablest windows I've used was Windows 2003 BETA (Yes, it said beta). I was the early adopter of all three Windows 3.x 95 and 98 and I found them all to be REALLY unstable. But that's just from my point of view.

Out of all the Windows versions that I've tried, I think that 98 is the most stable. Windows ME has way, way WAY too many bugs...I too kept getting the blue screen coming up all the time whenever I tried to do somethng. XP is pretty stable as well but there's too much extra stuff on there that takes up room and makes the computer run slower (it does on my computer ayway).So, yep...98. It doesn't keep bringing up the blue screen all the time, and it doesn't come with so much "extra" junk.

I always thought that 2000 was the most stable version. Or 95, Windows 95 was my favorite windows to date, with 2000 right behind it.98 wasnt too stable at all, it didn't need a password to log into someones profile. I remeber if you keep the line blank and hit enter it enters it as the password and it boots up the users profile.

i would have to go with 95/88 they didn't have that many problems unlike me and xp cuz those where just whipped and then fixedd later.

For some reason, I feel Windows 2000 and windows 98 are the most stable versions of windows. I have had many cases in which games did not run well or did not run at all in windows XP. However, they did just fine in Windows 98. I do agree that Windows XP is advanced and has proven to work a lot faster, but I see people (especially gaming freaks) still sticking on to windows 98.In other words, I would even like to say ... Windows SuX. no matter how far you go, you cant escape the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! (BSOD)

I always thought that 2000 was the most stable version.  Or 95, Windows 95 was my favorite windows to date, with 2000 right behind it.

98 wasnt too stable at all, it didn't need a password to log into someones profile.  I remeber if you keep the line blank and hit enter it enters it as the password and it boots  up the users profile.

170423[/snapback]

If you actualy set the password for the profile, you WILL need a password, if you dont you can just press enter, if the password has been set and you just press enter, it dosent load a profile, just default settings.

I think the most stable one is Windows XP as long as you have more than 256 MB RAM, with a powerful Firewall... and a Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed without any updates from Windows Update...

Overall, I think Windows 2000 is the most stable Windows OS to date, followed by XP then Windows 98SE. My old laptop has Windows ME and although I haven't had any really bad experiences with it, I wouldn't suggest it over Windows 98 SE. Windows 2000 is built on NT technology, so that is one of the reasons for its stability.