xisto Community
Johnny

New Sigs [by Johnny] Three of them.

Hm...I'm sure you guys have noticed, because I've been using them as my sigs, just never posted them. Three new sigs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rate/comment/criticize.

Nice use of Apophysis in the first two, though perhaps it could have been manipulated a bit more :D (I've seen some sigs where you would never guess Apophysis made the render, coz it's been manip'd so much), but definitely nice renders anyway :D3rd one is quite good, though it is particuarly blue B). Text could have been done better (ie blended, better use of grungy font), but it's not too bad. Background works, though I've seen better ones from you Johnny :D

well well well......sig 1-not bad nice and fluid would have just used one set of squares with the J in it 9/10sig 2- the depth looks sweet except for the top left corner thats an eye sore, its makes the depth look flat 8/10sig 3- sorry the brushing got you this time, especially right under the render don't tell me you were trying to blend the render like dued i should slap you on that ver thought j/k and the text looks a little pixelated. 7/10

1st is the best, but you need to take those blocks off, left and right bottom corner. Then you have yourself a nice sig. #2 seems like a radial blur with a couple effects, and nothin else.#3. Not a fan of this one too much. too much blue and not enough depth.Good job on #'s 1&2, work on 3.

Stupid new skin doesn't let me multiquote...glad I'm an admin at the moment.

And jeez, nobody likes the mechanized heart one? I love that one dude.

1. Nice use of Apophysis in the first two, though perhaps it could have been manipulated a bit more B) (I've seen some sigs where you would never guess Apophysis made the render, coz it's been manip'd so much), but definitely nice renders anyway :(

2. 3rd one is quite good, though it is particuarly blue :(. Text could have been done better (ie blended, better use of grungy font), but it's not too bad. Background works, though I've seen better ones from you Johnny B)

169287[/snapback]

1. Meh. The only manipping I do to my fractals is brightness/contrast, levels, curves, colors, that kinda stuff.

2. *cry* Yeah...I didn't wanna blend it. B) And I'm getting bored with the same old grungy style.

well well well......

3. sig 1-not bad nice and fluid would have just used one set of squares with the J in it  9/10

4. sig 2- the depth looks sweet except for the top left corner thats an eye sore, its makes the depth look flat  8/10

5. sig 3- sorry the brushing got you this time, especially right under the render don't tell me you were trying to blend the render like dued i should slap you on that ver thought j/k and the text looks a little pixelated.  7/10

169341[/snapback]

3. Nice to know. :D

4. You're an eye sore. :D

5. I didn't get a word of that, but it sounded like you're trying to sound smart.

6. 1st is the best, but you need to take those blocks off, left and right bottom corner. Then you have yourself a nice sig.

7. #2 seems like a radial blur with a couple effects, and nothin else.

8. #3. Not a fan of this one too much. too much blue and not enough depth.

Good job on #'s 1&2, work on 3.

169347[/snapback]

6. No, then I have a nice fractal. B)

7. It's not a radial blur at all... it's part of this fractal: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

8. But blue has sex appeal!

Yes, I know...I always give sorry excuses when people don't like my work. :D

Hah It's not that I don't like them, just trying to give good criticism to help you out, from one designer to another :D

169424[/snapback]

I understand. Let's manhug. :D

Sig 1: Nice little vortex of light you have there. Kill the corner blocks and you're set.Sig 2: Another vortex of light. :DSig 3: I have blue. Besides, I already gave you my comments in the rate the sig above you thread.

*cry* Whenever I add anything to the fractal for a sig, it looks fugly. But it's just so plain without it!

169620[/snapback]

Maybe fractals are not supposed to be used with renders and such. Just a thought.

Maybe fractals are not supposed to be used with renders and such. Just a thought.

169988[/snapback]

The fractals are the renders. O.o

Nice sigs i like # 3 10/10

170026[/snapback]

Thanks. :D

thats where abstract brushing comes into play with fractals, you can do alot with abstract brushing and the right grunge brush to get the right depth in sigs.

thats where abstract brushing comes into play with fractals, you can do alot with abstract brushing and the right grunge brush to get the right depth in sigs.

170442[/snapback]

Hush mike, hush.

You're partially right, but it wouldn't work on these two fractals, as they're vortex-style.

You're partially right, but it wouldn't work on these two fractals, as they're vortex-style.

170552[/snapback]

Well, since you can't use character renders in fractals...hows about stop making them?