xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

Where can I get a free .com domain?

Where can I get a free .com domain? I found a .com.ar would that work with the free hosting here ?  :)  ?

I would think so... but if it doesnt have a DNS option then you are not advised to use it. You need something like uni.cc which has a DNS option for it to properly work with Trap

Yeah, you denfinatley need DNS. Its fast and the best option.The 2nd best option is to go forwarding. They just redirect the domain name to your subdomain account at Xisto.comMan, are there any companies providing free .com domain? I would love to see that..... :) lol, i know there probably arnt but oh well.

I think it's pretty much impossible to get a free domain name now days. But they certainly aren't expensive - you can get them for around $7.There have been websites in the past that have provided free top-level domain names to people who agree to put their ads on their site, but most or all of them have since fallen through.

Where can I get a free .com domain? I found a .com.ar would that work with the free hosting here ? :) ?

imma get you a brief straight answer

nowhere

as said before top level domianes are to be payed for (except tk's and info's)

i sow once a host that was offering free top lever .com and .net domains but only if your site generates major traffic and is popular

There is this website which I forgot. It allows you to get a free domain for a year. But you have to get around 1000 points or so by doing things like Questionnaires which you can only get around 5 points. So it will take you ages to get the domain. So basically it's useless and I wouldn't recommend you doing so

Quite frankly..you can't get one anywhere - as said.

However, what's with the .tk craze? What does .tk stand for anyway? Don't they place numerous ads on your site?

When it comes down to it, I use a redirect service. There are quite a few, but not many are of great quality. .uni.cc is one. I use .da.ru (common sense or some experience in Russian language required. I happen to be learning =) )

However, what's with the .tk craze? What does .tk stand for anyway? Don't they place numerous ads on your site?

Well, visit http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en and get domains, you can get upto three per email address!
You can opt not to have any ads / pop ups at the domains, even in free ones.

BTW, .tk stands for Tokelau, a small country somewhere in the seas that is doing a great job in distributing domain names...

Visit the site above for details..

Googlue!

At present I am using uni.cc domain and it is working well. On the dot.tk website everything looks promising but because I have not used it so I have nothing to say about its quality.

Dot.tk  works pretty good, no ads or pop ups you don't have to add anything from them. Ohh yeah you have the option to display a pop up, but you just say no, and thats it, they give you email addresess a lot of free crap, you should try it. I tried UNI.CC but I like just having the address and .tk (is easier to remember) :)

really? I signed up for one & tried using it for a while, but got pop-ups which I didn't like so I just used subdomain.

A few years back there were many free top level domain providers but alas they have gone the way of free internet service. :) But you can get them really cheap nowdays. I used godaddy and got mine for 2 years and only paid 15 bucks. Cant beat that price with a stick. :)

There are some places which give you .com domain names for free, but as someone said before you have to get points... I went to one of the sites and I realized that it's better to have a little longer domain name (like uni.cc or .tk) instead of this.com they are offering because it isn't worth it...You'd better buy a domain, coz you have to get lots of referrals which you probably won't get and so..