xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Acidify

Basic Html (for Us Kids)

Rvovk has a / at the end of his meta http-equiv tag cos he's coding for an XHTML doctype, not an HTML one.

Yes I know that but this tutorial is called Basic Html so I pointed out that there should be no forward slash before the closing bracket. He also said that that xhtml tag should go after the <head> tag in an html document.

I wrote the html 4.01 doctype declaration pointing out that this one should go before the html tag and unlike xhtml, not the head tag and also implied that no attributes were necessary inside the <html> tag.

Okay? Also, just incase people are still unclear about the structure of either html or xhtml documents, rvovk's set it out for us in the previous post :D

Nice tutorial it is even easy enough for me to understand, but I am still way too lazy to write my own HTML I use a web authoring program called NVU so I do not have to spend all that time to get the same result :D .

He also said that that xhtml tag should go after the <head> tag in an html document.

No, no-one has said that in this thread. Fair enough you were trying to bring the thread back around to HTML, but you should've explained why you were making the corrections as the only people who would find this tutorial useful are the ones who know absolutely nothing about X/HTML and therefore would be likely to end up using a combination of both if they didn't understand properly what the differences were. Then again, rvovk and I should've explained what we were doing better too. Could've saved us all a bit of typing (although it doesn't hurt the credit count :D ).

A great tutorial. Now you just need to make: Basics on php =D. Anywho, tutorials like these helped me out allot when i was a beginner at html.
Also, you forgot the part about the Meta Tags:

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Keywords about your site go here"> --Just as it says
<META NAME="author" CONTENT="You Name"> -- Use this to give credict to the author of the site

<META NAME="robots" CONTENT="SETTING">

* NONE --tells the search engine to ignore the website completly
    * ALL -- tells the search engine that they are welcomed to search all pages
    * NOFOLLOW -- tells the search engine to index the page, but any other links on the page are not explored
    * NOINDEX -- tells the search engine to explore links on the page, but no index the page

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0; url=homepage.html">  -- Redirects the page to the page set in 0 seconds

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="0">  -- Refreshes the page repeatedly

a very helpful thread and it was very informative to me , thanks for this psot its really good, nice one??its good someone is helping others with the simpiler problems, thank you for this its a great eelp to me and others1

The tutorial is pretty nice, its basic and easy to learn. But for people who can shell out a few hundred, then you should go with dreamweaver which is a what you see what you get type of program. Its really powerful and all you have to do is drag and type stuff. It will even let you upload you're webpage to your server. you can also go to Dynamic drive and check out some special effects and useful stuff for your website

Wow that tutorial is pretty good. If you have just started with the website and HTML world start with that tutorial and move your way up. Thats what i did. Well actually at my school there is a class called web creation and it only teaches html and it pretty much teaches you everything about html and covers all of it. If you are intrested ask around your school if they have such a program and belive me that class really does help

I have heard about frontpage, though I stay away from it due to my bias against Microsoft - and the fact that I run Linux :) . I use ZDE, which I guess is the same sort of thing. A good site that I used a little when learning HTML is http://www.echoecho.com/htmlbasics.htm, which has a pretty good explaination. Later I also discovered http://www.tizag.com/, which is a real good place not only for HTML but for other languages aswell...

Good luck :)