xisto Community
Kubi

New Pop-out Sig First try at a pop-out

Posted Image

Brand new, first pop-out sig. Don't even go into the monotone stuff.

Comments?

The monotone stuff.Also, he's not really "popping out" of the sig...he's just standing in front of it. What I'm seeing here is a brushed up box with a render slapped on top. You should blend in his legs/feet so he's -part- of the sig.Also, his wings look really choppy, the text is decent, the bg needs more depth, and the white border doesn't fit.That's about it, really.

Wow, compelling artwork. Did you draw the angel yourself? If not, where did you get such an awesome render? I don't have much experience with creating sigs, but it looks like you spent allot of time on this. One thing I would suggest is to bring out your name a bit more since I can barely see it. Otherwise, good job!

HA! Oh man, I wish I good draw the angel. Nah, it's just a render. You can download renders from Saint_Michaels render pack. Eh, this sig took me ohhh 30 minutes. I followed a tutorial since I wasn't sure how to make pop-out sigs, but I guess it wasn't a very good one. Hm, you should check out my work; http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ If you like some of it I can make you one. Just PM me the specs.

This popout sig is the first one I've seen. Would you mind pointing me to the tutorial you used? I may have a poke at it later if I have time. Also, what's this Saint_Michael's render pack? :D Thanks for offering to make me a sig, but I think I'll try to make one myself. Scary thought huh? lol

This popout sig is the first one I've seen. Would you mind pointing me to the tutorial you used?

167788[/snapback]

Word of advice. Don't get addicted. Popouts should be a rare thing, or they get repetitive and irritating. They're awesome every once in a while though.

Mike's render packs (The renders weren't made or cut by him though, mind you):

http://www.gamefront.com/

Pretty much what Brooks said on his first post.Wings are choppy. No blending. It's not that monotone, so that's a plus.Oh man!! I didn't even see this post before I posted my pop-out sig. *cries* (refer to the post above this)

Word of advice. Don't get addicted. Popouts should be a rare thing, or they get repetitive and irritating. They're awesome every once in a while though.

Mike's render packs (The renders weren't made or cut by him though, mind you):

http://www.gamefront.com/

167791[/snapback]

Nice! Thank you Johnny for the link and thank you Mike for the renders! It looks like there's enough there to keep anyone busy for a long while. :D

funny thing that you all forgot to mention is the white background that he used cuz i am using Ie and i don't see the normal lightblue backgroundkubi you saved it as a gift that why the whings are choppy, you want to save it as a png. but yeah blend in that one leg to make it look more pop outish so to speak.

kubi you saved it as a gift that why the whings are choppy, you want to save it as a png.  but yeah blend in that one leg to make it look more pop outish so to speak.

167890[/snapback]

Yep, .gif extensions are best used for small images like 88 * 31 buttons. Use a .png-24 for huge sigs like this. That's what I used for my first pop-out.

Yep, .gif extensions are best used for small images like 88 * 31 buttons. Use a .png-24 for huge sigs like this. That's what I used for my first pop-out.

168088[/snapback]

Yepyep, same here. I use png for anything with transparency (pop-outs, renders) and gif only for small stuff and animation. O.o