xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trystim

Favorite Mmorpg pay to play ones

I started almost 6 yrs ago with Everquest and played it until Star Wars Galaxies was released then picked it up and played both slowly drifting away from Everquest.
After coming to the conclusion that Star Wars Galaxies couldn't possibly be completly run by SoE due to the massive amounts of bugs they kept constantly having I eventually left it for Everquest 2 coming along with it machine upgrades and what not.

Then World of Warcraft was released and bam away went Everquest 2 don't even touch it due to the graphics and processor requirements that even after upgrading my machine weren't good enought to run the game as graphically beautiful as it should be without having severe amounts of lag.

World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, and Everquest as well as a few others in between on emu servers such as Lineage 2 and free ones like Knight Online and a few others.

Now I do / did spend alot of time on all of these combined let alone daily as in get up go to work come home log in eat somewhere during the time of playing get off at like 3 am shower head to bed wake up 3 hrs later and repeat.

After about the first week or so of gaming my time would diminish to playing the game and I would go back to my more regular routines such as reading, playing my PS2, chatting with friends on messenger and working on graphic design/web design projects that I would have set for myself that reached the pile of ignorance beside my desk during my times of playing.

So, to me I think I become initially addicted for long enough that the newness of the game wears off and that is the extent of it as I know nothing is getting done in real life and I am just delaying it.

I still log in 1-6 hrs weekly on WoW and 1-2 hrs for Everquest but have long since dropped Star Wars Galaxies, and Everquest 2.

Addicted maybe but seems I am able to break the addiction after a little bit of time maybe it is the repeativeness that the games offer after your in them for a while or maybe I just don't have the interest anymore.

I am at the point now of deciding wether or not to sell my WoW account which holds a 60 warlock with almost a complete set of next to epic armor quality and 1 piece of his epic armor and 41 rogue who is well equiped and a few minor toons on there as well just trying out other classes. (that is another subject in itself)

1) Everquest 2

2) Everquest

3) World of Warcraft

4) Asheron's Call

5) Star Wars Galaxies

Feel free to add any others... The reason I posted the quote before hand is because it is relevant to this topic in my opinion.

For the first 2 weeks or so of any MMORPG release and yes i have joined them all at release and for the first 2 weeks They were all My favorite for the above reasons stated above.

the newness of them creates an addiction and makes it hard to not like it for the first few days at least. but after that has all worn off i will vote for World of Warcraft and looking forward to Dungeons & Dragons Online and Vanguard.

World of Warcraft's the only one I've played and I don't think I'll ever really migrate to another one without losing some cognitive ability that's been permenantly linked to WOW. It has a fluid UI, a backstory I know by heart (I grew up with Warcraft), and my character dances both a macarena and a crazy white girl freak dance. It's great.

Personally, I loved Ragnarok online. It was my first MMORPG I've ever played. The moment I started playing, I was totally addicted to it. I started playing when it was still in Beta, and I've been playing since. Though, alot of people dislike it, because it has pixeled graphics.

I used to play ROSE, when it's still beta in fact it's still now :( That's my first MMORPG I ever played, the graphics are 3D and the game easy to play even for new comer in MMORPG. It was that time now I'm really busy with my school, and I think MMORPG just waste my time :( . So, I'm tottaly out of MMORPG :D

World of Warcraft has me hooked at the moment. :D I used to play Asheron's Call exclusively. I would still like to play AC, but if you have more than one mmorpg subscription it can get a bit pricey!

I liked World of Warcraft its good (well atleast i think) tho i probley would play it more if it werent a pay to play game :\ o well i guess when u got lots of ppl play it you have to pay to play

I have been RPG free for a month and a 1/2. I stop playing Massive Role playing games for a while.I have been a RPG Adict since a have memories i have played so many that my memory cant recall all of them the ones that i have played for longer time where Runescape, Ashen empire ,Conquer online , Mu. Conquer is a good 3D Rpg just for the ones that want to play a free RPG it got great graphics,

Well, since you asked...Diablo2 was a great game. Simple, unique graphics with a gameplay and overall style that will never be matched again. It was the ideal game for a person who wanted to get into an addictive, very-long term thing. The community is still at large, and growing. The latest patches make the game funner or worse, depending who you are. But sadly the game is dead, and since I dont play it anymore.. It's number 2 on my list of all time favorite MMORPG's.Guildwars is the mmorpg of the ages. Although it's not the addictive drug as Diablo2 was, for a month or to you can enjoy high end graphics with a slick, fast interface. I love how the guild system works, and even now it's constantly updating.. OH and it's a free to play online MMORPG that's high end quality. Now folks, this is truly a rare thing these days. This is probably one of the greatest MMORPG games ever! Number one on my list, and I recommend that if you like fantasy, and large online communities.. then guildwars is THE game for you!Now this is a MMO game but not an RPG. It's probably the latest, most high-end first person shooter to date. It's run by the source engine ( great realism ) and is played on the steam network. Thats righ, Im talking about CSS=Counter Strike Source. Some people do not agree that it's the best out of all of Valve's game, but I think it's a marvel. With constant security fixes and it's new maps per month update, it's a game to get sucked into. Even though it's not a drug addictive game like diablo2, you will stop by ever week or month to play it after a few days of constant playing. Number 3 on my list..I guess im passionate when it comes to MMO's, especially ones that have impacted my life deeply ( diablo2, counter strike )From best to worst: GW, D2, CSS.~Darker333

Well, since you asked...

Diablo2 was a great game. Simple, unique graphics with a gameplay and overall style that will never be matched again. It was the ideal game for a person who wanted to get into an addictive, very-long term thing. The community is still at large, and growing. The latest patches make the game funner or worse, depending who you are. But sadly the game is dead, and since I dont play it anymore.. It's number 2 on my list of all time favorite MMORPG's.

Guildwars is the mmorpg of the ages. Although it's not the addictive drug as Diablo2 was, for a month or to you can enjoy high end graphics with a slick, fast interface. I love how the guild system works, and even now it's constantly updating.. OH and it's a free to play online MMORPG that's high end quality. Now folks, this is truly a rare thing these days. This is probably one of the greatest MMORPG games ever! Number one on my list, and I recommend that if you like fantasy, and large online communities.. then guildwars is THE game for you!

Now this is a MMO game but not an RPG. It's probably the latest, most high-end first person shooter to date. It's run by the source engine ( great realism ) and is played on the steam network. Thats righ, Im talking about CSS=Counter Strike Source. Some people do not agree that it's the best out of all of Valve's game, but I think it's a marvel. With constant security fixes and it's new maps per month update, it's a game to get sucked into. Even though it's not a drug addictive game like diablo2, you will stop by ever week or month to play it after a few days of constant playing. Number 3 on my list..

I guess im passionate when it comes to MMO's, especially ones that have impacted my life deeply ( diablo2, counter strike )

From best to worst: GW, D2, CSS.

~Darker333

167830[/snapback]

Diablo II isn't quite dead yet. It's still hella fun, even better because there aren't so many crowds of people trying to get in games. The thing I don't like about Guild Wars is that you can only get to level 20, the combat and UI are kind of hard to work out, and it doesn't seem as fun without the familiar back story I know for WOW. You can't go to Thunder Bluff and look at Baine Bloodhoof and notice how big he's gotten from being a little baby in WCIII or do something similar in Guild Wars. The nice part is its free, but it doesn't measure up in my book.

I wouldn't really count Counter Strike as being a valid choice for an MMORPG because you don't RPG. It'd be more of an MMOFPS or RTS/FPS. I never really liked Counter Strike. I need pretty graphics in my games as well as meaningful combat which it just didn't provide.

My favorite MMORG is City Of Heroes. I like the customizational features. I also really like the updates, and the size of it. It's really fun, I like designing my Super-Heroe's costume, and choosing my different powers out of the many powers available. It's got alot of great things like Super-Groups, the new villains one looks good too, it's has the ability to make a Super-Base/Hide-out! It's also going to use the same world as City Of Heroes, so people playing City of Heroes can play against those using City Of Villains.I can't wait till it comes out!My second favorit MMORG is Halo 2, I really like it, is fun and stuff, I don't know what else to say. I hope in the next Halo they incorporate a extremely massive online war-ish thing where the whole online game becomes a war, and you chose sides and there are all sorts of battlles, that would be cool. :D

yeah, GuildWars seems to be a great game, the competitive features and the roeplaying part makes it quite an awesoem game~WoW has ncie features, hope they are able to keep up with the customers demands..~ROSE looks cool and im currently playing it~RF online has a similar look with Lineage 2 and it seems to be a promising one~as for diablo, yeah, id say itll still last a long time~

The only one i have ever paid for is Realm on line..It has over the years turned more in to a social gathering then a game..it 2d and people max out way to fast. It was once owned but sirra games then it went to codemaster and now it is owned by Norseman Games.

With all my own projects, i have no more cash to play any mmorpg's anymore. The ones I used to play, were Lineage 2 and Ragnarok Online. They actually bored me pretty fast. I played ragnarok for a while since my friends liked it, so i guess that was my "favorite" mmorpg.