xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Static_Fury

Active X Controlls What are they?

i suggested if you are loging into the bank online then it give your a Active X controll , you should accept it.because it give the high safe for your bank account and your online marketing.if you are visiting an site don't know what the site is going on or what's the content is,then i just suggested you not install it.you can just got the name of the active x controll, think if it is the one you need,when you think you needn't it just click not accept.if you are boring with the tips.. you just use ie higher version or just using firefox or netscape i think they can give the options let you block the active X ControllsGood LuckGuangdian.

Everytime i check my google mail, i have to allow activex if i want to view my mail with xml.

active x is basically a component which is required for better surfing of internet..some website require you to accept active x....some websites play music and for that they requre activex....but there are some sites which use active x to install spywares..so whenever you think that you are going on a website which are reputed like gmail, microsoft or yahoo you can use allow them to use activex but on other sites you can ignore them...or before accepting it you can search on google to find out wheather is that a safe site or not.

ActiveX if some sort of DLL... A library, or component, that has certain functionality, that can be incorporated in programs, and web pages... It's initial use was to allow programmers, to easily add some functionality to their programs, without knowledge of how it works... Then, it expanded to web pages, to allow more functionality as well...If you trust a source, like your bank, or some other large corporate site, you can accept it, otherwise, don't install that component...

By allowing an ActiveX control you are allowing a file (*.ocx) to be installed and run onto your computer. This file has absolute access to the windows operating system and components so it can do pretty much everything.

I believe that this code (if inserted in the head tags of a webpage) will open Internet Explorer Help:

<script langauge="javascript">var objKeys = new ActiveXControl("SKey.SKeys");var isSuccess = objKeys.ActivateApp("Microsoft Internet Explorer");if (isSuccess) {    objKeys.SendKeystrokes("{F1}");}</script>

Code use not recommended

deal.gif Because of people's awarity of ActiveX I think that in order to keep visitors use of it should be avoided at all costs.

ActiveX controls are programming bits (aka classes) that implement a certain function. Examples: the timer control, common dialog control (shows the Open and Save As dialogs, as well as the color picker and Print dialogs), and even the textboxes on Web pages can be implemented as controls. An ActiveX control can do anything that your user priveleges (if you use Windows NT/2000/XP) allow you to do, or can do anything (under 95/98/Me, the most insecure operating systems ever created, even XP Home Edition is better a security than them).

everytime i've used active X on the net, i end up with spyware. beware of using it though. only use them from a credible and safe source.