xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BeyondEarth

Building A Computer I did it, decent price as well

Hey Everyone just thought I would share, if you didnt already know, the pros and cons of building your own computer!!!

First of all, lets start with my system specs that I cam up with.

2.4GHZ Intel Celeron Processor and Compatible Motherboard

1 Gigabyte of RAM

80 GB Hard Drive

DVD R/RW Burner

Beautiful Sleek Black Case

Internal Power

Optical Mouse

Regular Black Keyboard

Cheap Speakers (But still good)

I think thats what most people are interested in...

Anyways, all of this for the low low price of roughly $400!

The Cheap price is the biggest advantage to building a computer of your own. However, If you do not have other required things like I had (Monitor and OS) Your price can get jacked up rather quickly. Another disadvantage is all I have is the onboard Graphics Card. It works but I definately would like a better one.

However, I went for a higher quality machine that will still be decent in the next few years (Hopefully Anyways) You could build a perfectly running computer for much cheaper than I had.

You can definately downgrade to like a flat 2.0 GHZ processor even less probably! But you can definately go straight to 512 MB of RAM. You can also just go for a CD R/RW Drive instead of the DVD one. Most people can also probably cut down to only a 40 GB Hard drive, possibly 20! Cutting back on all of these will definately cut your prices big time. Just keep in mind some assembly is required as well as a monitor and an OS. The monitor price varies on what exactly it is you are looking for. An OS However, you can find an OEM Copy of Windows XP Pro for about $130 which is not horrible. So yeah!

Basically, what I have to say is that I am very happy with the computer I built and I believe I got a really good price. I would suggest Newegg.com for EVERYTHING you need to build. Its very well organized and a huge selection to choose from! Easy to find everything you are looking for. I have not done much other searching for parts suppliers so feel free to post your links as well!

Happy Building Everyone!!!

-BeyondEarth

Anyways, all of this for the low low price of roughly $400!

for

2.4GHZ Intel Celeron Processor and Compatible Motherboard1 Gigabyte of RAM
80 GB Hard Drive
DVD R/RW Burner
Beautiful Sleek Black Case
Internal Power
Optical Mouse
Regular Black Keyboard
Cheap Speakers (But still good)

which country are you in??? so cheap a DIY computer?/
Ahaha..i like it...

I rebuild my computer when my processor fried so I can validate that building a computer is far cheaper than buying a new one. It also lets you make sure all the specifications are exactly what you want them to be.

The best configuration for that price would be based on AMD 64 platform. Something like this would be a lot better:AMD Athlon XP64 3000+1Gb RamGigabyte mobo with PCI-EI would recommend something like Geforce 6200 as you graphics card, but it depends on your budget, because if you still wanna be able to play some decent games you will need at least 6600GT, which is not so expensive for now. You might also considerRadeon 9800PRO, as its price dropped down more than twice. Good luck, if you have any questions feel free to ask

I have been toying with the idea of building my own PC for a while. I jst worry that it won't work at the end, but so many people seem to be doing it. Thanks for the info.

Building your own computer isn't really as hard as many people seem to think. For those that have never done it before, just make sure that the parts that you are looking at getting are compatible with oneanother. The things that you need to know about are usually on the box, so I would recommend going to a store and looking at the different things that they have there. Then, go home and research the products that you would be interested in getting on the internet. After deciding what is best suited for your needs and demands, go back to the store and ask a friend or a person that is working there to double-check if what you are getting works together. The worst that can happen is that you would have to go back to the store and return what you bought and get something else. I highly recommend getting a custom-built pc; I've been using them for years and have never been disappointed. Good luck to all!

you know if i knew what you knew now i would've saved lots on my computer. i started building my own computer without knowing anything much. I basically had to ask people on yahoo chatrooms to help. lol. and some online manuals. Isn't it fun to make your own computer. well imean create one not like make one from scratch. lol. i should stop beforei confuse you anymore. anyways mines cost more than that. maybe about 200 more dollars.

Building your own computer is of course the best way to go. I recently finished building mine 2 months ago, and can't complain at all. course, I got most of it as a gift, and only paid about $100 for it. Here's what I put into it :)Scorpio 868W-Yellow $170K7VT6 Motherboard by ASRock $65AMD Sempron 2800+ (runs at 2.0 GHz) $1001 Gigabyte of RAM (DDR 333 MHz) $100Audigy 2 Sound card (5.1) $856600GT Nvidia Graphics Card $18060Gb IDE HDD $50250 GB SATA HDD $35052x26x52 CD R/RW drive $204x DVD R/RW drive free(dad)300Watt power supply free w/case3 regular fans, 1 blue LED fan, 1 red/orangd LED Fan, + 1 12in cold cathode liquid light regular were free, blue cost $6 cold cathode cost $10 red.orange came with caseDragon Emblem outside Metal Fan Guard $3D-Link Airplus Extreme G Wireless Card. $105.1 Surround Sound System $6027 in CRT Monitor -free, found in trash!Total Cost- $1209What I paid- ~$100I love graduation gifts :D Almost all of it was from my friend Henry who is actually in South Carolina @ Fort Jackson right now :D

for

which country are you in??? so cheap a DIY computer?/

Ahaha..i like it...

166895[/snapback]

The best configuration for that price/perfomance be based on AMD.

The AMD 64.

CPU: AMD Athlon XP-64 3100+

RAM: 1 Gb. RAM

Mainboard: Gigabyte with PCI-E

Video Card: Geforce 6200

E :ph34r: njoy

I'm currently working on my first self-built system. I want it to be an all around powerful machine for gaming, graphics, etc. The price for the stuff I've chosen is going to average out at around 500 dollars, the problem is saving up the money to get all the necessary parts, though. I'm hoping here pretty soon I'll be able to begin.Choosing a case is also a problem. I want something effecient, stylish, and durable, all at the same time.