xisto Community
powd3r

Rpg Maker 2003 Questions Questions in general

New Maps

Rpg Maker 2003 Questions

Ok I just started working with RPG Maker 2003. I finally get simple event switches. But how do I change maps with an event

Ie There's a dungeon Door on may world map. You touch it and enter the actual dungeon map...How do I do that? sorry for hte newb question.

Some answers to powd3rRpg Maker 2003 Questions

ok, even though I'm new to this, I konw some answers.

I don't know how to make the jewels dissapear, but I do know how to make something work once:

press the yellow box in the top left corner. Next right click the jewels. Then make a new event. The new event will be in variable operations. After clicking variable operations, put in these things:

single variable

add

number: 1

Finaly press ok, make shure it works!

To chose the character follow these steps:

First (MOST IMPORTANT!) make shure that the boy and girl you made are THE VERY LAST ONES. Then in some random place where you character stars do this:

Trigger: Auto

variable operations (event):

add

number: 1

THEN:

Change party members:

Remove

Here you remove anyone you don't wan't and add anyone.Sorry, I don't know any more! /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley8.Gif

-reply by (>")><("<)

starting a new project... or not >Rpg Maker 2003 QuestionsI just downloaded rpg maker 2003 and I'm having trouble starting up a new project. Everytime I open it and try to start a new project it tells me "project creation could not be completed".I hope someone is still around to help me out with this ><;-question by The Uchiha

ummm, music is broken?Rpg Maker 2003 Questions

I recently downloaded RPGmaker2003, and I loved it! But, a couple of nights ago, I tried to put music from RPGmakerVX into 2003.When I imported the song, I put it in for a boss battle. But, when I tested my game a couple minutes later, I noticed that none of the music was working! But yet, all of the sound effects work! So, I exported the song onto my desktop and tried to play the game. But the music STILL wasn't working. So, I went through the process of re-installing RPGmaker2003, And the music STILL didn't work. So I was just wondering a couple of things...

1- What the heck happened to my program!?!?

2- Can I save my music? (get it to work again?).

-question by Dylan

Party Member ProblemRpg Maker 2003 Questions

I downloaded RPG Maker 2003 and its really great, problem is...That I scripted an NPC to be a party member but during gameplay it says he joined the party and he doesn't appear in the party menu, checked the script and it still says that he's gonna join the partyHELP! >_<

-reply by Logan

Party Member ProblemRpg Maker 2003 Questions

I downloaded RPG Maker 2003 and its really great, problem is...That I scripted an NPC to be a party member but during gameplay it says he joined the party and he doesn't appear in the party menu, checked the script and it still says that he's gonna join the partyHELP! >_<

-reply by Logan

how to do

1.Choose the message event

2.Write the question...Lets use the one you used as example... ''how are you?''

3.Now choose the one that is under the message one

4.Put the choices(like...I'm fine and not good)

5*.Under I'm fine,put whatever you want him to say like...Thats good

6*.Under not good put whatever you want him to say...Like...Why not?

*for 5 and 6 use the same event that you used on 2

music problemRpg Maker 2003 Questions

I had the same problem, re-installing didn't work for me either. However I found that if I installed it to my usb then copied the RTP file from there it worked fine... All fixed. However whenever I took my hard drive out it tends to come back again... I suppose this isn't a great fix but it works for me so yeah

-reply by Godstix

Hey, sorry to dig up an old-ish thread, but I'm having problems with RPG Maker 2003 and was wondering if someone would give me a hand.A few months ago, I booted up RPG Maker 2003 to find that suddenly, the arrow keys were not mapped on my keyboard anymore. I couldn't move my character and my cursor, but a few keys had been arbitrarily marked as accept or cancel buttons. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but no luck.I saw a forum post on a different forum complaining of the same thing, but that person said he restarted the computer and the problem fixed itself. This has been persisting for months. Does anybody have any ideas?

Heya. Listen, this is going to sound strange but... a common problem seems to be erasing events once they're done with. My problem is that i can't MOVE ON. In other words, i try the switch trick to end one event, but I can't start up the next one. Ex. the hero walks into a cave. Off-screen, a girl is being chased toward the hero by an orc. This is triggered by a switch, but it seems that the switch is STOPPING the characters from moving. Funny, i don't know what im doing wrong... Can somebody help me with this? Thanks.