xisto Community
powd3r

Rpg Maker 2003 Questions Questions in general

Battle conditions

Rpg Maker 2003 Questions

Ok in Rpg Maker 2003 when you get into a battle and select fight, the enemies randomly atack. How can I change that so the turn order for both enemies and allies are all determined on speed, and how do I make it so the enemies can only atack once per tern unless an abiliity allowes them to attack more than once.

-reply by Dartx

Have you not played the old super nintindo rpg's? rpg maker is set up just like them, you see a shop like them. A guy behind the desk, with some detail and another couple of citezines looking around... There is a shop... Now as for the shop keeper to sell items, go to the keeper and make a event. Get the sprite you want then go over and double click the first event a whole bunch of options should pop up. Go to I think page 2 and click open shop. Then put the items in you like to sell at that place then your done. -reply by I am legend

Replying to Trap FeedBacker hey. It's real simple. For whoever you're talking to, go to the Event Commands and find the Choice list command. With that open it will tell you the custom "Yes" "No", along with 3 other choices. You can change "yes" to "I am fine" and "no" to "Not so Good", and then make a third choice like "Cancel" and int he settings choose choice 3 as the canceller to close out of that message window. So then in the Event commands space you will see "I am fine" with a little space underneath, and then "Not so good" with a space under that as well. So under each choice, set up the switches and messages and what not that you want the other NPC to say depending on what the player chooses. Any questions just e-mail me at boobich14 at msn.Com

rpg maker 2003 question

Rpg Maker 2003 Questions

I started using rpg maker 2003 3 days ago.. I have the hang of most the basics but I'm a little stuck.How do I make a player be asked a question like "how are you" and the player to have a choice of replies. For example "fine thanks" or "not so good".

When "fine thanks" is chosen to get a reply "thats good".

When "not so good" is chosen get a reply "whys that?"

Sorry if I didnt really explain my question properly.. I couldnt really think how to put it into words.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hey I replied to this a little while ago but I'm going to do it here again just to make sure! I know it's been a couple months and not sure if you still have the same problem. But to solve it :lol: :

In the event commands box double click it and click the 'Choices' commands (not sure the exact name). it will have the default "Yes", "No" choices with choice 'No' as the canceller to close out of the message window. To make different replies, change "yes" to, "I'm fine", and change "no" to, "Not so good". And make a third choice as "Cancel" or whatever and set it as the canceller. Then in the Event Commands box it will show your choices "I'm fine" and "not so good", And under each will be an empty space. Under each space you can then add other cmomands and switches to do whatever you want for each choice. Such as making the NPC say different things or setting up switches and the like!

If you have any questions or anyone else who is reading these posts, just send me an e-mail at boobich14@msn.com

Replying to powd3rHey, just in case you haven't had a response: There should be a "stop event processing" procedure when you go into the event commands and insert an action. After this happens it'll keep its look but just won't do anything.The name insertion thing has me stumped too, so I had a fixed name, or have it so they call you other things besides your name (like young man or hero, etc). The gender thing isn't too hard: Theres a "change hero graphic" function in the actions when you modify an event as well; if you select that and have a choice, Male or female, and then alter it accordingly, that should sort out a gender for you =)

Replying to lacranReplying to Trap FeedBackerIf you have the characters Agility set to the same, this might work.If not, its a little long winded but a way I found of doing it is so they are afflicted with a condition (Waiting I called it) each turn, which stops them from moving until you finish your go. This makes it so they wait for you to attack, then they charge their Agility. I made the condition double their agility recharge, so that when you attack, theirs will be filled by the time yours is halfway, giving the illusion of a true turn based battle

Hey, I have a problem with implementing my sprites that I've made into my game.Whenever I import a spritesheet, I can select the correct sprites that I want, but when I run them in the game, the color black is trasnparent in everything, not to mention the default green background is showing as a big square around me charcter. I have this problem on the overworld map, and my character faces have the black transparency problem.If I'm just being a noob and it's some really simple solution, then shame on me! XP-question by Yoshio the Hedgehog

Battles directly on chipset maps

Rpg Maker 2003 Questions

Hi Guys.

With RPG2003.

Please, anybody know how to do the battles occurr on the maps, and not on default "full screen"? Just like the Seykoru Game.

Aditionaly

I want add the HP/MP Bars on left and right top corners of the screen.

And, I want know how to use just a single key to trigger the attack moviment (with common events)

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Pedro ( from Brasil)

-question by Pedro

I want to make Treasure chests, I set them up, so that the event ends processing after it's use, but every time I leave the map, and re-enter, I can re-open the chest, and get all the same stuff, again, and again... How do I fix that? Also, I made an event, where a party member joins, then vanishes, but when I re-enter the room, he's back, and repeats the WHOLE event all over again... PLEASE help me... Making games is my life, and this is really putting a stop to it...-reply by Chris

how to erase NPC from map

Rpg Maker 2003 Questions

Hi, I have a problem to make the NPC's character disappear from map after talk with 'em. I dunno how to erase 'em.

And...How to make the hero back to map/ jump to another map after beaten by the boss.

Thanx

-reply by T0n1

how to make a door?

Rpg Maker 2003 Questions

Help pls..

I make a room in a inside map... But I cant enter.. Because of the wall above the door... But without that wall it would not look like a door...

But with that I cant enter..

How can I fix this?

Any answer would help..

Thanks..

-reply by deist

Need Help

Rpg Maker 2003 Questions

I transferred all my work from "Project1" onto a CD. Of course, I dragged it instead of copying and pasting resulting in me not being able to edit a critical mistake which is undoing a great amount of work I have done. Any way to get it back into editting mode?

My theory is that because I put it on a cd, it became a "read only" file so if there is anything that can break that, that will be great. Otherwise, I am open for a miracle.

-reply by Pat k