xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sader

Index Page Problem It does not change

Hi.Here's my problem.I heve deleted defoult index.html from public_html folder and then I created my own Index.html and after few days I deside upgrade index page but the funny thing is that if I will type in my browser http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ I will sea my old index.html but if I will type http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/index.html I will sea the new one.So it look that old index is holdet somewhere I do not need it I need just new index. How can remove old index.html.I even tryed remove my tempory internet files from my hard drive didn,t work :) Another question. do I need WWW folder or maybe I can delete it?

Are you sure you uploaded it to the public_html folder? Also, make sure that you're typing in Xisto.com, not tarp17. That might cause a few errors.

Going to sader.trap17.com should automatically bring up whatever index page you have in there. Either you made a mistake in naming the file, you uploaded it to a different folder, or you accidently deleted it because all I get is an "under construction" sign that I believe is the default index page.

Yes I am typing good url.Now I am realy confused :) I deleted index.html from public_html folderbut no mater what I type in browser it shows me index.htmlHow could it be I DELETED index.html from public_html folder.Whan think whitch comes too my head now that maybe server makes some back-upHow can I fix this problem!!!

Did you upload a new index.html file to your public_html folder? Did you upload any other files to that folder? I know Xisto is up because my own site works. Try to upload your file again. Or, upload a test file to the public_html folder. If you can see that file, you know that you're doing the right thing.Also make sure you have the right extension. Make sure that your pages say .html, .htm, .php or whatever ending they're supposed to have. Let me know when you've tried this!

you can just do as that step belowjust login to the cpanelthen just open the file manager panelthen you open the publi_html directoryupload file--> just choose the index.html file in your local diskjust select "overwrite the old file" in the upload page..uploadthen i think your problem will get slout..Good luckGuangdian

Your guestbook works, so that's a good sign :)@Guang - I hadn't thought of that. It's second nature for me to just click it despite what I upload. That's probably what's gone wrong :/

Looks my problem is solved.After I turn on my PC this morning the page wasn't finded anymore.So I it mean that my PC had that index.html somewhere in memory.But how could it be I deleted my temporary internet files.In whan word strange on :) Thank you guys for replies