xisto Community
moonwitch

And Yes, I Too Can Make A Sig there :P just to prove it

Now I would appreciate comments and the whole bells and whistles :)

Just finished it and yes, Mike, it's with a render I got from you. I'ts been ages since I did a sig. LOL Back in the days we called them tags.

Anyhow, without further delay I present to you ..... Despair

Posted Image

I would like to thank Ludwig Von and his Bagatelle in A Minor for company, Johnny for the comments in MSN about the font (I know you were right, just couldn't pin point which font would look better)

PS. I first had the render blended with brushes, but decided the darker look was nicer.

Edited by moonwitch (see edit history)

I really like this sig. It's not as detailed as it probably could be, but simple looks are really good too (saves on load time) and you seem to have made a quality sig and keep it simple. Cudos to you! Background: 8/10 Font: 5/10 (didn't much care for the font) Overall: 8.5/10

Hmm, I wonder why more people don't use AIM....The background really good, the sig will look better if the render is blended into it. I really like the font/text since it matches the sig's theme. Nice.8.6/10

Hmm, I wonder why more people don't use AIM....

The background really good, the sig will look better if the render is blended into it. I really like the font/text since it matches the sig's theme. Nice.

8.6/10

165078[/snapback]

AIM is my instant messenger of choice because it's just...easier and everyone's on it.

Anyways, I'd give it a 7/10. The background doesn't seem like it suits the rest of the sig too well :/ But nice job!

Well here's the one with the render blended and the font I had first, I like it better slightly darker :)

Posted Image

165106[/snapback]

Haha, my bad. The original one doesn't look better (no offense) although you could have played around with the color balance to get it darker.

And I'm so glad you didn't use that font. It looks like something Michael would use for his sigs. ;)

not bad of a job moon, the font colorwise ok but the actual font doesn't fit i would have gone more gothic in the name and use a font a called vistor for "the broken one", nice looking scanlines they fit well ***make a note on that snlil***, the nreder could have been blended more but over quality you did what you need to do.8.5/10

See, Johnny has "rules" to make sigs, Mike has those, I think most follow some set of rules in sigging. I don't.

I just get a feeling and cling onto it (don't talk to me when it's a blackish feeling really, I've done BAD things in that mood) Then I chose a color to fit the mood, which at the moment is purplish. ANd then I go about chosing a render or a attention seeker for the foreground.

So whatever is produced in PS (or a site for that matter) stems from my emotions, I need them to live off really. I can make a crying woman look sexy if the mood is right LOL (I think this is a good side of borderline and bipolar :))

Like this today...

Posted Image

your latest one is even cooler, i would have used a skinnerm font script, cuz the thickness takes away from overall coolness of the sig.9.5/10well i don't really follow a set of rules, i more bend them at will to suit my needs when i design you can call it eccentric designing :)

I don't have rules. I have guidelines. There's a difference. :)I just use them to guide me along the path to a good looking sig. I think if I just winged whatever every time it wouldn't look as good. O.oAnyway, the latest one looks great, but like Mike said, it could have a better script font.

maybe write a book about hte rules and guidelines of sig making, we make a bunder off the royalties alone :).

I'ts been ages since I did a sig. LOL Back in the days we called them tags.

Anyhow, without further delay I present to you ..... Despair

164950[/snapback]

Holy jeebus! You ARE old... perhaps as old as I am?

I really, really, (have I mentioned 'really') like the font! Although I do not know you well, I know of you. The font suit your personality, I suppose I can say that. I also like the denim like crossed stitched background. The render should be the dark one compare to the lighter version you posted.

But what I can't figure out is what are that dark-red spots on the face? I can sort of see the one near the eye as "blood tear" representation (although I'm not sure even if that) but what's with the chin spot? Don't get me wrong, I still like it but it looks like she had this massive spaghetti dish and the sauce got over her face. No one sees that?

Holy jeebus! You ARE old... perhaps as old as I am?

I really, really, (have I mentioned 'really') like the font! Although I do not know you well, I know of you. The font suit your personality, I suppose I can say that. I also like the denim like crossed stitched background. The render should be the dark one compare to the lighter version you posted.

But what I can't figure out is what are that dark-red spots on the face? I can sort of see the one near the eye as "blood tear" representation (although I'm not sure even if that) but what's with the chin spot? Don't get me wrong, I still like it but it looks like she had this massive spaghetti dish and the sauce got over her face. No one sees that?

165557[/snapback]

I noticed it too. :)