xisto Community
unicornrose

Camera Phones Or Not?

Which do you perfer a camera cell phone or a regular cell phone?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Based on the fact that I have had both a camera phone and a regulare phone I would say that in the long run I actually prefer the regular cell phone. Don't get me wrong the picture cell phone was a nice thing to have. However it costed me more by having it than without. When I had the phone I liked taking pictures and stuff. So I was always sending emails and such with pictures and things. Its all pretty darn silly you know. I do like it though. I have a new cell phone now that does not have a camera but it does have all of the other features that my camera phone had which is the calender and other organizer features. I really like that. What is everyone else's opinion?

I prefer normal phones.I have a perfectly good digital camera and can send the photos to people for free via email. Why are people so desparate to take a low quality photo and pay over-the-odds to send it to someone else who can't see it becuase the screen is too small to pick up any detail.A phone can't do everything well. If they focus on the camera then every other feature is rubbish, however, if the camera is added as an afterthought then its pointless having it. Digital cameras are good for taking photos and phones are good for speaking to people.

I general, I think just a normal phone is best. I can see the advantages in both though. Sometimes there's moments when you REALLY want to take a photo but don't have a camera on you, so a camera phone would come in handy for times like that.There are a few cameras out there that can take pretty good photos without skimping on everything else. My brother actually just got a phone that takes photos, accesses the Internet, plays mp3s and videos, and probably some more stuff that I don't even know about and it does all of them well from what I've seen...didn't cost that much either...For me though, I don't really see the need for it. A phone's a phone. A camera's a camera. I can't really justify spending the extra money on a camera phone when I'm only going to use it to talk to people, and I already have my own camera that I'm perfectly happy with.

I have a perfectly good digital camera and can send the photos to people for free via email. Why are people so desparate to take a low quality photo and pay over-the-odds to send it to someone else who can't see it becuase the screen is too small to pick up any detail.

Yup, I agree with you to be honest!

Phones are designed to phone people, not to take photos. I mean, I have a camera on my phone, but I think it's pretty useless.

I would prefer a camera phone, because when I forget my digital camera, it's good to have something to take a photo if I really want to... But I don't use it often though...

I prefer normal phonesI think phones must be easy to workNew Mobiles phones has os or many options and tools i hate iti like phone with one book phoneits easy and fast i hate camera or bluethos or infrara or memnorys or ......... options ;)

a phone is a phone...so i like either one...but i must admit i have a camera phone and it does sometimes come in handy for those good old random funny moments or you jus see something picture worthy and you dont have an actual camera...but if i didnt have one...i wouldn't be sad

Personally, the camera phone it best. It allows you to take pictures of anything, anywhere. It is a really awesome tool that you can use to stay in better contact with friends and family.

I would have to say that I prefer my Camera Phone. The reasons behind this are really simple.A lot of the time me and some friends go out and want to take a photo of something and we forget our Camera's. So its just simple enough to take the photo on my phone and then Email it, I love the wonders of modern techonlogy.I used to use a regular phone for years and now I have my Camera Phone there is no way that I would go back to a regular one now, not even if I was paid to do so.

I dislike camera phones for several reasons, not the least of which is the low quality of the pictures that are taken, sure it's fun to have at a bar or something like that when you don't really care that much about quality you just want to take some fun photos, but there are other issues with them.I work for a school board, and that board is looking at banning all cell phones in every school across the board for both students and employees. Camera phones are the reason for this possible upcomming ban. The theory is someone could take one of these camera phones into a change room or bathroom and no one would realize it is a camera. Personally I think the idea is a little nuts, but I can see thier point. Although I rely on having a cell phone at work since I am rarely in the same place two days in a row it is handy that my wife can just call my cell instead.

Camera phone, obviosly...Well the quality is not the problem now, I've seen phone with 2 megapixel in this case SE S750i, and I think it's good enough to catch some unforgotable moment.and when I forgot or lazy to bring my lovely digital camera, I can still use my phone to take some pic.

for me i would have to say my camera phone when i got it all of ALTELLS decent phones were camera phones. I didnt really want mine for it, but since i have had it i use it way more than i ever thought i would its a life saveer when i for get my digital camera

My phones camera really sucks, I use it sometimes, but its bascially useless, but one of my friends has a phone that takes better pictures then his digi cam (really crappy cam btw) I guess its good for him. :)

I would definitely have a Camera phone. although I may have my own digital camera with me all the time, I would still prefer to have Camera phones with me. it is so easy to share photographs using mobile phone to your friends, especially now that everything has a bluetooth device attached to them. It would be handy to have the camera phone because there is a big chance that you are holding your mobile phone than holding your digital camera in a occasion. taking photogrpah will be a breeze. although it may have some limitation, it is still one of the best characteristic of modern mobile phones.