xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
round

My New Job kinda getting on my nerves

got a new job and it's kinda getting on my nerves. I hate working with people trying to design a site. Acutally i was hired as a web designer but as it turns out i'm just the one coding these really idiotic sites. trying to explain to people that sites aren't just about pretty pictures and more about having clear and maybe interesting navagation. One that people feel is interesting and different but still easy. I'm stuck working with people who like to lead people dead pages and making individuals have to move all the way to the begining of the site or section to move to another product or other. I'm very very irritating.
I've vented so i'm done now. Have to get back to work.
round

So basically, you're stuck working with design noobs. Poor round ;) You need to show them your skills and make them bow so low to the ground that waste of brainpower is better used to make your shoes shiny.

heres something funny if they like to do that stupid stuff start putting weird stuff on it to drive away customers and make them lose thier business, make sure to do that after you get paid.but anyways thats what i hate about people that have no clue what goes into webdesign, its not like one line of code and your done, yo uhave to plan it out and make it run smoothly for every.i feel for you.... ;)

I feel sorry for you, looks like you have some sense for what you do but yours co-workers don't. So why don't you try to explain your boss what as a group is not OK in your work, try to give him suggestions and solutions, maybe he will understand your point, what will make difference in your site work and maybe your promotion also.Try it.cya

but when it comes down to ti the boss is always right, yeah in thier mind, you can't have employee's make the boss look stupid but yeah explain in detail why your methods will be better and if you have to show a picture or two go right ahead.

since you hate the job you're doing now...since the people around you dont know what they're doing, show off and make them all look bad, the higher people can see what you can do and then you can possibly get away and do bigger and better things...and if you're job really sucks...stick it out until you find another one, that better

I love the fact that people here have actually responded to my posting. A minor miracle around here. The truth is that designers are like a dime a dozen. Always someone out there willing to do what i'm doing for less money and with less skills. I've been at this for awhile now and things are getting worse for designers not better. Everyone is a designer so i'm betting that the web will get more and more bogged down with more and more crap.
round

Well, people will always be here to respnd to your posts, but wow, i understand, I'm not that old, but even at school, when I get stuck in a group and they want to do really irritationg things, I tell them it is more than just some little pictures on a whatever but they make it all crappy and I get a C Minus or something like that. :)

Well, people will always be here to respnd to your posts, but wow, i understand, I'm not that old, but even at school, when I get stuck in a group and they want to do really irritationg things, I tell them it is more than just some little pictures on a whatever but they make it all crappy and I get a C Minus or something like that.  :)

165554[/snapback]

Don't you just hate it when you've got stupid people in your group that like to mess up your projects? This is why I love individual work. You get to be the judge of your own work.

Yeah unfortunately you've been hit with a wave of emotion. I, for one, am really poor at webdesign. I have been here since March and I've made minor progress, so I guess it's the people like you I look up to to help me when I need it, and I don't know, guess you're dealing with people who don't think like me, but yeah, do what everyone here is telling you, show off your skills and make them look bad, it should make you feel pretty good...