xisto Community
bjrn

Google Moon A new service

That was pretty cool, there is so much detail too  :D , I guess the moon is realy cheese  :( , whats next though, they have google earth and google moon, maby google mars?  :D

166368[/snapback]

Google Mars? Lol, it would take Google a lot longer to make that then Google Earth... They would have to send a lot of satalites into space and take pictures all over mars..... That would be really annoying for Gootle :( They will hopefully come out with it somewhere around 2012 tho :(

This fits with the joke Google did on April Fools Day a few years ago, offering jobs on the moon for their Lunar Project.

https://www.google.com/jobs/lunar_job.html

164092[/snapback]

Hehe. That's a good one. I hadn't seen that one before.

My favourite joke from Google is still the Google PigeonRank page, where they tell how they use pigeons to rank pages. Hilarious :D

eheh, i was not expecting to see that when i zoom-in.Nice joke. lol though the moon images could be a little better.. -_-The pigeons joke was excellent.. lol how well, pigeons sure need to have inteligency to be able to organize all the site's info. :P

Wow, i heard about google earth but i did not about google moon. These geeks develop a lot of stuff. They do not have limits. :-) Maybe they begin with the rest of the solar system.

The page is cool... -_- You can see the surface of the moon and where the first landings on the moon where placed... It also has an alternative earth.google.com :P You can download a free version of program "Google Earth" there which will show you the view of earth... You can also zoom enough to see cities -_- Check it out! :lol:

Google is becoming alot bigger very quickly.It is hard to compete with a company like this.I have tried the Google maps that shows our Earth and things, but couldn't install it on my computer.

Cheese!! Gotta love their little jokes when they celebrate the lauch of a new product. I still remember the "infinite" space for Gmail's first anniversary celebration. Anyway, a great bit of diversion, but Google Earth is more impressive.

Google just going to keep expanding, and expanding, until they either have done everything possible with Technology or go broke and close down. Google come up with some good ideas, and do provide some great resources in terms of education. Google more then just searching! -_-

By the way... I have heard that there are people who know the lat and long of Aria 51 and I was interested if there is anything to be seen. Please PM if you have the long and lat. Thanks

Yep. Not long ago Google released Google Moon. It is very much like Google Maps with the sattelite view on. But instead of showing the Earth, it shows the Moon.

Google writes:

You can see it here.

And if you zoom in far enough, you can see something that we all suspected all along! :)

Wow! What will Google think of next? Well, the obvious answer would apparently be Google Mars, since the Viking and subsequent rover/lander spacecraft (as well as orbiting missions) have mapped a substantial amount of the Martian surface. Does Google do all of these things (the unusual projects) just because they seem cool, or is it to build up the Google "brand name" so that people think that Google is a somewhat philanthropical company, unlike Microsoft, which has a reputation for being, well, greedy is the word that most immediately comes to mind. Whatever the motivation, keep the fun (and free) products and projects coming Google!

wow, that is pretty cool. I love google earth, but it got kind of boring because everythign was normal. trees, city, field, the usual, but now theres the moon, thats fresh, straight off the press. i like it.