xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Google Sms SMS=Short Message Service

yup! SMS is in the minds of google! and here is proof (albeit, still in BETA stage) B)

https://www.google.com/mobile/sms/

What is Google SMS?

Google SMS (Short Message Service) enables you to send queries as text messages over your mobile phone or device and easily get precise answers to your questions. No links. No web pages. Just text and the information you're looking for:

* Get local business listings when you're on the road and want to find a place to eat.

* Obtain driving directions to get from point A to point B without having to ask for directions.

* Find movie showtimes and theater locations of movies currently playing near you.

* Check weather conditions and 4-day forecasts to plan your day.

* Study the latest stock quotes and stay on top of the market.

* Get quick answers to straightforward questions.

* Compare online product prices with ones you find in retail stores.

* Look up dictionary definitions to expand your vocabulary or prove a point.

want to test-run google's sms service? visit their sms demo page:

https://www.google.com/mobile/sms/

comments? reactions? :P

Is this service free? or it uses your text messaging account? The service is great for things. If it was free than it would great. But if its not than I would just stilll use the phone internet. Does basically the same things.

i tried a couple of phone numbers my parents shows up but my cell phone doesn't hmmm. still won't use to expensive after awhile.

That's something good from googles, isn't it...Search engine on the move...But I'm wondering if googles would impose subscription fees for its users, and if the service is accessible everywhere around the earth...If its still free and I can use it anywhere on earth, I definately be one of the users...

It sounds kinda cool, but I dont think I'll be using it since I hate mobile phones and I dont hink it will come to the netherlands any fast... Altrough" Compare online product prices with ones you find in retail stores." sounds kinda funny, see yourself at the supermarket checking all the stuff on your cart with your moblie phone? :D (Oh well... Guess its for some more expansive goods then)

another great thing from google! :D although I think this is for United States residents for now. I hope they could expand their service. And I wish this is free. You can use it for emergency use.

I really doubt that it will be for free. If you send an SMS the telecomunications operator will want to get money. As you are using their bandwidth. Probably google will provide this service if the operator divide threir benefict with them. That means they should make agreements with all operators. Drawbacks that i see are the difficulties to perform a great query and get the desired results just with one SMS. Probably you will need a couple of ones and that could be frustrating.