xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Rouge Render from the xmen

It looks nice, I'm having a problem with the hair. It looks all pixelated. Is it just me or do you see that too?Other then the hair it looks -- render-perfect!

Already told you bro...mega choppy.
Use the polygonal. It's all about the polygonal.

:P, he uses the magic wand? Ouch...

Well, he said no, but I'm guessing that leaves magic eraser? Just as bad. =/@snlildude -- The bigger they are, the better. You can always size down a big render, but you can't up a small one. Bigger ones have better resolution when they're sized down too.

johnny forgot to mention that besides big renders looking better it depends on the original size of the image too, but of course that flys out the window when you see renders that are 10x bigger that normally fit in the browser window.

johnny forgot to mention that besides big renders looking better it depends on the original size of the image too, but of course that flys out the window when you see renders that are 10x bigger that normally fit in the browser window.

161824[/snapback]

Um...could you rephrase that? I'm not getting you.

Yeah, I kinda figured that by now. Bigger renders = easier to scale down. Small renders will look blurry if you blow them up.By the way, Michael, what's with the HUGE whitespace on the left? You could get rid of that and I wouldn't have this ugly horizontal scrollbar at the bottom.Oh, one more thing. How did you make a .png transparent in photoshop?

Oh, one more thing. How did you make a .png transparent in photoshop?

Delete the original background that photoshop makes by default, or when making a new document choose the background to be transparent. Then Open the render, drag the layer of that render into the new document, erase everything that you want erased, then file > save for web. Under png, make sure the transparency option is checked, then save the picture. This should answer that question.

By the way, Michael, what's with the HUGE whitespace on the left? You could get rid of that and I wouldn't have this ugly horizontal scrollbar at the bottom.

162048[/snapback]

He left the image the original size. Mike, when you're done cutting a render, control-click on the render layer so it selects all of the render, then go to image--> crop, so it'll make the image the same size as the render. Meaning no extra space, and a smaller file.

He left the image the original size. Mike, when you're done cutting a render, control-click on the render layer so it selects all of the render, then go to image--> crop, so it'll make the image the same size as the render. Meaning no extra space, and a smaller file.

162127[/snapback]

Ahh, I see, but why not get rid of the huge whitespace on the left?

And I thought it was Image -> Trim... if you want to get rid of whitespace?