xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bozo

About Using Two Graphics Cards SLI Technology

Now,i'm new to this program, i've just replied once and that was in the games section with quake 3.if you've been there, you'll know that i'm a computer and a games freak. If ya wanna know something or are just have trouble and need help with anything got to do with computers, hardware, software, games and game consoles, you've come to the right guy.Now when you put 2 graphics cards in your motherboard, you only get to use 1. It is impossible to use 2. When you install the software and the drivers for the cards, you must pick which one to use.It is not totally impossible to use two graphics cards! if you want to use two, you have to buy a special graphics card that can be used for SLI.And to use SLI, you need a motherboard that supports it.SLI means using two graphics cards at once.and also, you need to have the exact same type and model of graphics card if you want to use it.SLI is really useful, but would cost too much.First you have to buy an SLI motherboard and then two of the same types of graphics cards.Don't go through the hassle and just buy a good single graphics card like a radeon x800 xt or a ge-force 6800 Ultra.

As you probably already know SLI technology does not give you 100% of performance from both graphics cards, it simply splits some of the magor operations between those two cards. But overall i can tell you after my own experience of testing couple of SLI and crossfire systems that it DOES make sense to spent those money for 2 graphics cards, because it is pretty much 1.5 X faster.

Replying to bozoIn 2005 maybe but this needs updating now because x2 ge force 8800s with 1gb of onboard ram cross fired is UNREAL! thats 2 gig of ram just for the grpahics and then you have all your other ram as well making for seamless game play right now cross fireing is the best thing you could do graphics wise as the best card atm is the 9800 but at 300 pound each its the same price as 2 8800s yeah its a slightly slower gpu and slower ram but you have more of it to more than make up for that-reply by Barry

I have been usin/tweaking/upgrading pcs for the better part of 8 years now, and I have rescently built a pc for my cousin with twin FGeForce 9800GTX 1G sli, spent 485 aus for both cards and got a discount at my local wholesaler for the motherboard, overall cost 660 aus. Combined with the intel i7 920 and 8gb ddr3 1333 this configuration is unbelievable. You can simply not beat sli with one "top of the line" graphics card. This is mainly because like single core cpus single graphic cards do not share the load of processes. I am currently running a hybrid adhoc graphics card of ati radeon 1gb and even though I have intel i7 3.2 and 12gb ddr3 1333 and the ud45-tft intel motherboard my cousin still gets better frame rates, heat levels and overall better performance in games that I can with my single card. (Not to worry I am actually running two ati's just took them out for this test while I was demonstrating to him the power of sli. 

Peace Out. 

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords: when you run sli do you need both graphics cards to be the same

I've had bad experience with SLi. I was using 2 Leadtek PX6600GT's although they had alot of heating problems and texture melting/artifact problems. [reached like 90C]Now I just use the one.Newer I have heard, work better now days. My friend has 2 Galaxy 9600GT OC'd and they get crysis running at about 30 frames, at Max setting with High Resolution. :). So I guess that ok. But looking at alot of high end cards these days, it's better getting off One card.

Dual cards without Crossfire or SLIAbout Using Two Graphics Cards

Dual cards without Crossfire or SLI, just plug in 2 cards PCI-Express is possible???

I want connect 3 monitors... 

The first graphic ATI (games)  2 monitors

The second graphic ATI (internet and videos) 1 monitor

-reply by Alex

having two graphics cards (not sli)About Using Two Graphics Cards

hi, I bought a graphics card for my computer about half a year ago and I'm thinking of getting a new computer now, it has quite a good card with it, better that the one ive got I think, but its not compatible with some of the games I have. However, the card I have I have is compatible with them. Is it ok for me to have more than one graphics card installed onto my computer and use one card for some games and the other card for other games.

I know you will probably recomend getting a new card but, if I get a new computer I wont be able to afford a new card, but, anyway...Can I have more than one graphics card installed onto a computer at once?

thanks for any help!!

-question by Ryan

2 GPUs, 1 with S-VideoAbout Using Two Graphics Cards

Hi, friends. I do a lot of editing of HD videos. My config is i5-750 on a GA p55a UD4P with 4 gb DDR3 and a 1gb inno3D 9800gt PCI-e card.My problem is that my graphic card has no s-video out to enable me to see my preview clips on my tv. Can I use the second pci-e slot (or pci slot) to plug in a second video card with S-Video out to output to the tv? If so, will this affect the performance of the 9800gt? Is this setup possible at all? Any workarounds? I'd appreciate your help very much.

-question by Raul Manalo

I'm the same as alex.

I have two pci-e x16 slots and two pci-e graphics cards. One is a nvidia 9400gt the other an ati radeon x300.I have a intel dp45sg motherboard. Id like a dual monitor setup. Is it possible to plug a monitor in each graphics card and run them at the same time?

any help would be great

chad

GeForce 9500 GTAbout Using Two Graphics CardsIve got Dell Inspiron Core 2 Quad processor 4GB RAM buying a GeForce 9500 GT DDR2 1GB SLI capable graphics card. It's not the newest model, and I'm worrying that it might not be compatible w/ Vista or my comp. How will it work 4 gmaes like CoD6?-reply by Lazik

SLI monitor connection About Using Two Graphics Cards

Now that I have 2 cards and a crossfire bridge installed, how do I connect the monitor? I.E. Do I connect the monitor to the card in the master slot? do I construct a 2 into 1 cable coming from both cards?  I cannot believe this simple item is not discussed in my mobo manual or video card instructions. Thx, Marc

-reply by marcP

S Video adapterAbout Using Two Graphics Cards

No, you will not be able to run more than one video card at a time, unless they are setup in a Crossfire or Sli (and then they have to be the same card). If you need S-Video, you can buy adapters to use S-Video with Composite, or VGA.

-reply by David