xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
palladin

Is Trap17 Hosts Games Servers ? Question to Admin

I'm looking serwer for hosting Never Winter Game Module. Is there is possible to do this on Xisto servers ?NWN is MMORPG game, with module based on Master of The Rings. (this MMORPG mean 40 players MAX so not much for good connection)I mean free hosting, for start and module testing. When they end we can talk abount payment :D Best Regards :P --------------------Practice is when evrything is work but no one know why.Theory is when work nothing but evry one know why.Programmers join Practice with Theory - nothing work and no one know why B)

I too would be interested in Free Game Server Hosting. I would be playing Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, a game created by Novalogic. But if this is available, how can we get it and if not, is it an option for the future?

I believe its possible if Xisto provides all the features you requires for that game... If the MMORPG is a web-based game then it should be possible if you dont exceed the bandwidth...

I write little reminder :] Don't see even simple "No". I'ts enough i don't expect any explanations.And if i ask for host webbased game then i even don't ask. Xisto give evrything what is needed for webbased game but i ask for possibility run serwer software on Xisto serwer hardware.--------------------Practice is when evrything is work but no one know why.Theory is when work nothing but evry one know why.Programmers join Practice with Theory - nothing work and no one know why :P

i know about neverwinters nights and what you asking is going to suck up major bw suggestion would be find out what server software is being using to run the game if you already know that then your one step closer.i believe to run a smooth niverwinter nights server you got to have at least 50G worth of BW due to the number of people playing, how many modules you got loaded and other stuff like that.

IF you want a Neverwinter Night server I strongly suggest you to check this host called "Escaped Turkey", they offer very cheap game servers (25 dollar a month for 26 slots and 35 dollar for 32 slots) and also offer Neverwinter Nights... My clan hosts two gaming servers (wolfenstein enemy territory) and teamspeak there and never got into any real problem with them...http://www.escapedturkey.com/

It's not really doable. Hosting games on Xisto servers would use up all the servers resources (CPU etc). For that reason alone, it's not happening, game hosting is totally different than web hosting. PS. Our servers run linux in commandline, so I don't know how Never Winter Nights would work out on Linux. I don't know much about game hosting. If it would have been ok, I would have been running a MUD on my hosting LOL.