xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guevara

What Do You Think About Blogs?

Although I despise blogs... why don'tcha put the URLS to your blogs here in this thread! ..that is if you really want people to read em. hmmm.. is it just me? Why does everyone seem to have a blog nowadays? I used to have one, but I figured... I'm the only one who reads it anyways.. nobody really cares what your life is about... except a few people maybe. I'm sick of personal blogs...blech

I use to have a blog. Well, I still have one but I haven't updated it since EVER. Like wise, I'd rather make a useful site then one where people can just read about how I feel and my private life. Although it's a better way to make friends online and have communities, I think a blog is just wothless. But, if any of you are interested, I have an xanga. That I don't update.... http://xanga.com/

That's the problem. You shouldn't write about your life. No one cares, so you get no traffic, which leads to it not being updated, so it eventually dies. You have to blog about a specific subject, such as technology. Then, you have to spread it. Once you get enough traffic, people will give your link to others, and soon, you will get a bunch of traffic.By the way, I run a blog myself.

Although I despise blogs... why don'tcha put the URLS to your blogs here in this thread! ..that is if you really want people to read em.

hmmm.. is it just me? Why does everyone seem to have a blog nowadays? I used to have one, but I figured... I'm the only one who reads it anyways.. nobody really cares what your life is about... except a few people maybe. I'm sick of personal blogs...blech

160863[/snapback]

things are good when they have a good purpose, and blogs are one of thaqt things, i have been taking a walk in the net and have seen a lot of blogs, my deduction is that they are like everything, there are good blogs with useful information, also about communities, and i think they are a good tool when used for communicate informatiion about interesting topics.

But like everything there are also a bunch of personal blogs really disgusting, i don't have anything aginst people, but i think that's simply narcissist, specially those of japanesse litle girls telling a lot of nonsense!

:P

Why would someone want to put alllll there personal info on a website? You know there are a lot of sick people out there just waiting for you to give out some info on where you live. I understand the point of a blog but it's just meaningless. Only sick perverted lunatics really want to know what you had for breakfast, I mean I could care less.

I think Blogs are just a waste of time and endangering people.

Blogs... yeeaaaahhhhhhh.... that...I hate them. "Oh wow! I can post my personal news!". Seesh. And, WHO DOES read blogs? I mean, news... maybe for a website but... June 7: I ate my toast, i chocked myself 2 times. June 8: I killed an beetle, it sounded like "Sakershhh". June 10: Didnt post a blog yesterday. June 9: back in time. June 25: Sorry but I am dead, i am joey's mother.Whhooooaaaahhhhhhhh! Awesome! I saw blogs with 1200+ enteries. It had like 14 different visitors. Including the guy's family.

Wow! I never thought there was plenty of people who really dislike Blogs. Common, it is not necesary to have a popular blog. I personally like to blog just because I love to write. Sometimes people go there and leave a msg, which is Not Necesary to me :PI really think one of the best gifts for humankind is the writing. I love to read, I love to write and I love anything involved with letters aim to someone or maybe to none. Blogs are quite nice and personal. A blog is a kind of diary, so why should it be so public? if it turns very public, maybe you dont have a BLOG, but a netzine instead :DCheers! B)

I don't like blogs, plain and simple. They're cool if others have them, but I would never create one. I just don't like the idea of sharing personal information, ideas, photos, or other things to complete strangers on the Internet. Plus, if seach-engines use their cookies to find your site and add it to the Internet, it's there forever. Everyone should consider that next time they decide to add their personal e-mail to their profile, or talk about themselves, or give out their entire name. If I'm going to share something, I'll post it on a site that hasn't been found on the Net. Right now it's my own site that is supported here at Xisto. :P

I actually think blogs are an interesting concept. I've never been one for keeping a journal, but it's interesting to be able to get fairly unbiased opinions on what's going on in your life, your problems, etc. Also, keeping a serious blog and typing with proper grammar, etc, is supposed to help improve communication and writing skills. Unfortunately, most of the people who need to improve their communication and writing skills are stuck in the net-speech rut. I can't stand trying to read someone's blog when they think it's cool to replace letters with numbers and shorten words that are already only 3 letters long (IE Are - R).

Personally, I like blogs and the idea of blogs. I've tried to start one many times, but always forget about them. :P But it's like a journal that one shares with the world. And you can make it as personal as you like, or just make some sort of story out of it. It's cool, I usually enjoy reading blogs. :D