xisto Community
wreack

C.s Source Tweaks And Tips improve fps and performance

I see alot of counter strike settings around here so i`ll post mine. I have been playing counter strike for 6 years now so here it goes:Don`t forget to get vertical sync off or you will be stuck at 60 fps.800x600 cl_updaterate 101cl_cmdrate 101fps_max 101rate 25000net_graph 3and also if you want smoother mouse and no acceleration i suggest you use the no force commands in launch options, ill post mine: -noforcemspd -noforcemaccel -freq 100-freq 100 puts my monitor on 100 hz. Remember that i play in 800x600 resoution mode, because if i was in 1024x768 my mointor wouldnt support 100 hz.

They are quite useful, however some servers administrators do not like ping masking. (Ping Masking - having your cmdrate at "+100" rate) and normally would either kick or ban you because your lagging the server.

CSS fpsC.s Source Tweaks And TipsSome anti-virus software can slow down things while playing games, slow standard memory and slow monitors too, but cpu and gpu are the crucial for most games but css is old and most cards play the game ok. I use the old 7950GX2 card and all CSS settings on max with all the eye candy and I get over 100fps average and low 80fps with fraps software.-reply by GamerOC

Counter strike source on an old computer.C.s Source Tweaks And Tips

Hi, I want to play CSS on my computer, it's an old toshiba tecra, it's got a 1.4ghs processor, 512mb ram and 64mb graphics card, CS does play, but it has a really bad framerate, I tried some console conmands that have been posted, but none made much difference, I'm not quite sure if I'm entering them right or what... So if you could explain again how to enter them properly it would be good.  And if you have any more that can change it a lot. 

thanks.

-question by Jim.