xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Bob

Bomb Detection

A new bomb detection unit (i guess) has been created, you stand in an archway and it blows 40 streams of air onto your body from above and on 2 sides. Any particles that are blowen down get sucked into a vent which then detecs whether the particles are used to make a bomb. the only problem with this (what i figure) is that what if you cleant down the bomb 50 times and gave it to someone who has nothing to do with the bomb? then the bomb detection unit would not be able to tell whether the person has handled or has a bomb. that's what i think anyway. if you feel different, then post.

The technology isn't exactly new, they have had it at the CN Tower in Toronto Ontario, Canada for quite some time. I am not sure what you are saying about the tech, are you saying that if the bomb was cleaned it wouldn't give off the particles? Well I think the theory is that unless it were sealed real well it would still give it off, but it would still detect most cases, suicide bombers and such. It is not 100% fool proof, but it is better than nothing.

Would a system like this have stopped the terrible bombings in London? As the bombs were inside rucksacks, would particles still have been blown off of them? If it would have worked then it is certainly a system the government should seriously look at introducing.

I'm all for any form of bomb detection, but I'm still not quite sure what you meant when you said when you whee talking about cleaning the bomb, and putting it on someone else... It sounds like a good form of detection, but like canpolotics said, nothing is 100% fool-proof, but it's better than nothing at all. I only wonder how those boms where gotten so easily onto thos London trains a few days ago, but then again, any security has it's flaws, America had 9/11, and England had the London Bombings (what day was that anyways, I can't remember?)...

I'm pretty sure this would be semi-easy to prevent the particles from escaping the bomb. Just put a sealed box and it and pack it air tight. Atleast that's how I think it'd be undetectable. It's a pretty good system, but what about people who are sesitive to this kinda thing? Like older people, wouldn't it scare them and cause problems. (Seizure, heart attack). The bursts of air seem kinda sudden. It's a good system for now though.

Actually, I've never heard of this but I agree with the statement about scaring older people who go through the security. Even the pat downs for possible threats and isolation in rooms scare some people so I really don't know how this would be accepted... It seems a little out there and could have a lot of quirks.

I saw that machine on "Beyond Tomorrow" on Channel 7 (Perth, Western Australia) the other day and i think its pretty cool how they can do that.. but u never know if the terrorist r smarter then them and even the machine cant stop them? haha.. no one knows until smething happen i guess..

i agre eit won't be long to figure out how to hack the detection system and make it to the point even though it alrady impossible to find bombs place on people or other stuff.

i just heard bout this, this wendsday on a show called beyond tmr...it's a show about all the furistic things. and i believe that bomb dectetino unit is a pretty good idea, it once again, lower the chance of bombing..