xisto Community
Ryoma Taka

Is There Such Thing As A Free Photoshop? I bet you will all answer with no?

The clostest thing I found to a "free" Photoshop is Photoshop 6.0 Tryout Version. I can't save it since its tryout but I can Copy + Paste my image and paste it onto a free photo program.Are there real Free Photoshop programs out there? I don't want trials or tryouts....

Technically, you can get free photoshop programs, and if you ask me, most of the users here got it that way. However, I can't discuss that method.

There is a cheap alternative though. I believe that there is a student/teacher edition which is the same photoshop, but less expensive.

Right, it's not something people are supposed to talk about out in the open. But my sister got it the same way that she gets most of her cds. wink wink.I've also heard of something called Gimp- I think that's the most comparable (really) free program of the sort out there.

There is a "stripped" version of Photoshop called Photoshop Elements, which is cheaper, but as they said, if you want a completely free copy of Photoshop, you'll only be able to get it illegally, but we can't discuss that on T17.I believe Paint Shop Pro is pretty cheap as well, but it's not as versatile as Photoshop is.As far as completely free and legit goes, I think GIMPShop would be best, but that's only what I've heard...I've never actually used it.

Unless you can get Photoshop through some "connections", or if your computer already has Photoshop Elements pre-installed, you'd be hard-pressed to find a "free" Photoshop. As brandice mentioned, there's the GIMP - which is the next best thing, in my opinion.

Yeah, the only thing that could be considered free photoshop would be a open source program called GIMP. Many people believe it is better then photoshop however, others disagree. In my opinion they both work great but there methods to do numerous tasks are a little different. You might want to check it out since it is free and widely used so many tutorials should be available.

What it really comes down to is that, if you have the ability to get Photoshop, and you plan on doing some nice graphics for whatever reason, buy Photoshop.If you're just looking for a leisure program, or can't spare the cash for PS, go GIMP.Of course, there's other factors and programs, but meh...that's the simple way of putting it.

The clostest thing I found to a "free" Photoshop is

Photoshop 6.0 Tryout Version. I can't save it since its tryout but I can Copy + Paste my image and paste it onto a free photo program.

Are there real Free Photoshop programs out there? I don't want trials or tryouts....

160265[/snapback]

Well, you can always use the trial version of Paint Shop Pro. It actually is a fully working version (Time Limited)

As for a true free Photoshop program... good luck. There are a lot of free programs out there... however none of the truly free ones have all of the features of Photoshop. It is possible to do all of the things that Photoshop does by using several programs... but this method is very annoying because you have to switch back and forth between programs depending upon what you want to do.

This "GIMP" program you are all talking about. Does it have Brushes that you can download from various sites just like Photoshop? Because I'm looking for that kind of program, one that people create brushes and you can download them.

Photoshop is an incredibally powerful program that has most certainly cost a lot to create as well as a lot of time. Strictly speaking there are no real fully free photoshop programs out there, and if you do happen to find one, chances are it would be illegal as well as possibly supporting a criminal's form of sustinence. Photoshop may be expensive but it does provide a fantastic service and is one of the best applications the industry has to offer. So I guess I'm basically saying- If you want photoshop, go and buy it.

actually i havn't seen any brushes for gimp they might be compatible, duuno like i said don't useside note*** brushes do exsist for gimp but they are simple and unattractive though, search gimp, brushes, you might get lucky and find some that look like adobe.