xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kevinparsons

Headphones

This might be a stupid question but its a big old problem 4 me. Everytime I buy a headphone I get up and walk away with it still on, snapping the cord. Not sure if theres anything I can do but let me know if youv got any suggestions on how to fix/ prevent it. It sucks buying new ones once a month. Thanks

Buy one of those cordless headphones. No cords, no snappning.Although it will be a bit expensive than the normal headphones; but it's worth it considering that you throw away a new one on frequent intervals.:unsure:

If to expensive for cordless etc.,Then get one of those extension cords, and that when you get up and walk away, the plug may only pull instead of snap, and you may reliese before the tesion gets so tight that it snaps.Otherwise get the packaging tape out and stick it all up real good... :unsure: Maybe have yourself positioned so that when you stand up, that the cord comes staight out at the plug, ie. not snapping the cord??

You must jump off the chair, and run, if you snap the cord so often :unsure: I use headphones at night, when I want to listen to loud music, while working on my computer, so I know, it happens to me, from time to time :D only, the only thing that happens is my headphones falling from my head, I've never broken the cord..But do consider buying those cordless headphones, or some headphones that have like 10m of cord, so you can walk around :D or, some kind of buzzer to let you know you still have your headphones on :P

Yes, try one of those with mega long cable :unsure:It's the same here, as with Kitty... I use my headphones mostly at night, because I like to listen to loud music, so I don't want to wake up the entire neighbourhood... Sometimes, I forget I have them on my head, and when I get up, they just sort of fall off my head... If anything, I will break my keyboard like that, because headphones usualy fall on the keyboard :DI've never snaped the cable, and as a matter of fact, I think it would require quite some power and strength to snap it, it's about 6 or 7 mm thick :D You must be using some thin cable, right? :PAnyway, go for the cordles headphones, to prevent frequent snaps :PAs people say here: "Ne mere to bez kabla" :D or translated aproximately as: "It ain't workin' without a cable" :D

well heres an idea take them off before getting up, how can you not know that you have headphones on you?

Buy one of those cordless headphones. No cords, no snappning.

Although it will be a bit expensive than the normal headphones; but it's worth it considering that you throw away a new one on frequent intervals.

:P

159651[/snapback]

Yes he has right , than you don't get problems with it.

I can totally relate to you lol. I've gotten up with them still on. then they hit the floor and I end up stepping on them and breaking them :P

Wow and I thought I was the only one. Thanks for the ideas guys. Was thinking of some of them already but just wanted to make sure I wasnt passing up a stupid solution. Do cordless Headphones have any down side? Like lag time or something if u use them for something sensitive like counter strike and such.?

It comes back to Quality Vs. Costand company. You can get some really good cordless ones, that don't affect you to much sitting in front of the reciever.Then you can get some cheapo ones that, are good for music listening quietly.If possible, do a try before ya buy thing. Don't know how, but.... :P

Lol i can also tottaly relate because i also like to listen to loud music as well as late at night and on top of that its stuff like green day and other punkish /metal type stuff so the language can get pretty bad. What helps alot though is i dont have skater style mine are nice sonys that have it so that both ear things can come down u know what i mean? so for like bigger heads and smaller oens it can go up and down that way since i have it on like medium seting when i get it up those just extend its also a fairly long cord (six feet or so) so thats just what i doand if there a lil big thats nice to cause they just come out. It also depends where u plug them in.... if u plug them into speakers by monitor they usually just come out but if u plug them into computer some where usually gets hung up

Haha, I do that all the time! I haven't wrecked too many headphones, but I've wrecked the headphone jack in my computer! :) Now it's so tempermental and the sound quality is VERY poor... I'll have to scroll up and read some of the things people suggested. ;)