xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guangdian

Which Is The Better Choice AGP or PCI--E

Hello everyone, i just want to have your comments here cause we own a computer cafe and we are going to upgrade from AGP to PCI-EXPRESS... is PCI-EXPRESS good? Is there any bugs in PCI-EXPRESS...Please comment out on PCI-EXPRESS... Thanks! :unsure:

That depends for what the computer will be used. In a coputer caffe I guess coputers are mostly used for internet searching and chatting so you don't need really good Graphic cards for them. If you're using them for playing games than would be good to upgrade them to PCI-Express. You can see by the name that they're faster than AGP, you can even install two graphich cards together on a computer that owns PCI-Express (I think that also on AGP but I'm not shure about that). Anyway, it's faster and can use better all it's functions (of the graphic card). What about the bugs I don't know if they are. All I know is that you have to buy a main plate with PCI-Express and an appropriate graphic card compatible with that. And of course install drivers (should be with the graphic card). I haven't tryed PCI-express by myself, but I've read some things about it and I can tell you that is faster then AGP. But everything depends for what the computer would be used. Just for the internet there's no worth in that upgrading.

baffo: with the 2 graphics cards I think you were meaning SLI-based cards? (PCI-E...nVidia rocks)As for PCI-E itself of what I've heard (a year or so ago B)) is quite unstable and is actually slower than the 8x AGP (Yes, just 8x, not 8x pro). But the choice is really up to you :P.....The motherboard IS and REMAINS the bottleneck B)

Hehe, Ages past, there wasnt such a thing as AGP, there was good old PCIMA graphics cards. Ah good times, Personally im running PCI-E in here and there are no hitches, its running every game on high settings, and doing the business