xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Trystim

Renders, Brushes Etc where

Where did you all get your brushes, Renders, and what not and where did you learn how to make your own / custom brushes if that is what you do?I am still relatively new to making sigs and what not that use brushes and such and i read somewhere that you can make them yourself but when i look for tuts there are so many of them out there that give the same end result but differ in how to make it to that end result.I understand the concept of renders and how they are achieved and even know how much time can go into cutting out the render from an original work of art if it is multi colored / shaped background and such. I am constantly on a daily basis learning new techniques, and tricks and such like grunge look, tech borders, etc etc stuff like that but I have yet to find something that really falls into my "category/style"So any input that you are willing to share/give I will gladly review openly and take it to "learning tree" and work with it learning more as I go as you can never fail when you are always learning something from the process.Thanks in advance.

well to get renders go to my site i have 2100+ plus renders to choose from

http://www.gamefront.com/

for brushes well if you like to creat your own try out pixel2life.com or good-tutorials.com but to download them go to deviantart.com then on the menu click on resources then adobe brushes they have like over a thousand of them

greycobra.com has some some brushes and some cool tutorials i think.. thats where i first found out tutorials when i was a noob.

Notice from snlildude87:
Changed greaycobra.com to greycobra.com
Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

My favorite brushes are Jashin's (Jashykins is my idol in sigs :unsure:)
His brushes can be found here:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Those are probably the best you can get for grunge and abstract. For tech the best is wurklash:
http://wurklash.deviantart.com/

Another good brush designer is Destiny952...Destiny has like 67 brushsets now...which is a LOT:
http://destiny952.deviantart.com/

Also, you can look up Metal-CX and DOOM. Those are good brushes as well, but I'm not sure where exactly they're located. Metal has some sweet sparkle brushes, and DOOM has a lot of great grunge brushes, but they're pretty much all around. Most brush designers are. ^-^

For renders, Mike's pack is REALLY good. Nicely categorized, and lots to choose from. Probably the easiest way out there to get nice renders.

I'm also gonna be trying to make my own renders(I have a few already) and brushes soon, so keep a lookout for those. I'll try to make them top notch. I just have to learn HOW to make my own brushes though. =/

Also, when I get some free time, those tutorials will be coming, and that should help a lot of you guys get on the right track for sig design.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

WOW I am so glad I came accross this thread. I have been using Photoshop for about a year now. I have never installed any plugins for it. But I think I will now! What version are you guys using?

cs2 i wasn't to thrilled about the plugins they are so generic and the filters that come already are good enough.

I'm using PSCS. Some people prefer PS7 better, but I have no idea why. I like CS just fine though. I'd suggest avoiding custom filters...most are useless, and you can do tons of stuff with just defaults. The only thing I recommend getting are brushes and renders.

even though i'm not recommending it if you have p2p program search adobe brushes you might be surprised that you can find a couple of good ones if your lucky.i think why ps7 is more user choice is creating the brushes, johnny you can vouch for this alot of the brushes where created with ps7, but whatt makes cs2 good is that the brushes from 7 and cs can be loaded. but i used ps7 until i got cs2 it sitll the same program its just added some new filters and thats about it, can't really go into detail about every aspect.it could be the price tage for it too $800-$1000 for this software.

@Mike -- O.o you can create brushes with any PS...and I think the price for 7 and CS(8) are the same. Dunno specifics though...@Mystic -- Hm...you must not be too familiar with PS huh? I've met quite a few people who preferred PSP over PS, but after showing them how to use a lot of the features of PS, they were instantly in love with it. I used to be the same too. I used to have Fireworks and Photoshop, but use solely Fireworks. But eventually I taught myself to use Photoshop and I shudder at the thought of going back to simplistic Fireworks. :PAnyway, renders are just images...you can use them anywhere. You can use even them in MSPaint, if you want. B)

For most of the renders that I make I just usually search google images. I ususally find alot of neat different stuff thatI can use. Same for brushes I just search google and I find a whole list of reults. Google is the place where I look for everything and anything. Google is the site. Just search around search engines and what not and you will find stuff easily.

i'm not sure about the renders and where you can find them, but you can find brushes at: aethereality.net.. if you search up on google to you are bound to find brushes and render-thingys :P