xisto Community
fillrbnny

Livejournal Or Myspace? Livejournal or Myspace?

Livejournal or Myspace? Which is more addicting and fun? I honestly Prefer My space because of the more customizations and the blogs you can write can be somewhat of a live journal. Meeting people is also easier on Myspace. I find i have a more enjoyable time with myspace over livejournal.This is just my opinion though. go see for your self.MyspaceLive Journaland anyone else with myspace add me .

You sure like making topics.I hate them both. [it's weird to 'hate' these blog things...] Anyways, LiveJournal is ugly and Myspace is ugly too. I know you can customize them, but I already have a customized xanga with (IMO) good posts, so why switch? I have a myspace, but I never go to it, so it sits there, useless...wasting away. But I tend to not like these weblog journal thingers because there are way too many people who just use them to whine and cry. Not that that's bad, I'm sure they have friends who care and they really are only writing them for themselves and their friends, but can that many people really have the same problems/symptoms? There are few people who actually use their weblogs for reasons other than to be angsty, but hey, who am I to judge anyways.I think myspace is cool because there are tons of people who have them and you can find your friends and whatnot, but in the end, I still hate it for lack of customization >_> And the layout blows.

I also don't like both the sites. Both have become a place where fake people are sneeking around just to cheat others. Especially Myspace dot com, many useless people are around, its hard to know who is true and who is fake. Besides blogs and journals have become a place where people just pour out anything and I think many people don't bother reading such stuffs.I would remain myself and may be I would release some books sometime later, not end up in blogs and journals. hehe!

I don't use either. I have a myspace account, but, like another said, it just wastes away. For blogging, I prefer Blogger. I don't write down day to day thoughts, or any such thing, though. I use it to track the progress of my bass building for the people at Talkbass.com.

I don't like them both and I've never used any of them, lol. :unsure:I thought LJ was for blogs and MYspace was to like show who you are or something? Because bands use MYSPACE to like show off their music an d post stuff about it, i never really get what they are good for except blogs...and I agree with what dragonfly said... too many fake people populating those sites I mean some stupid tramp used my picture in her myspace...how pathetic. Oh yeh loads of people from Myspace steal images, backgrounds and everything from websites..

I also do not like both of them..... Xanga is pretty much the same thing as LJ but Xanga is very easy to hack..... I don't like the blog stuff and I don't like looking at other people's blogs but sometimes I have to :D Altho I've noticed MYSpace has been getting very popular since 2 weeks ago... More and More people are joining..... AHHH! :(

I actually like blogging a blot. But I find them both (livejournal and myspace) quite 'dirty' spaces, dunno well, I guess Myspace used to be good a while ago, my band is profiled on myspace, but the time of loading a whole profile is way long... specially with all those people's profiles who get lots of different stuff to customize ther blogs :D

Well, you might want to add my band as your mate :(

https://myspace.com/browser

Cheers! :(

i would personally say Live Journal is a blog at core, and Myspace a profile site at core. Although can do each others things ok, they remain best at what i stated.Myspace is an easy to use profile site, for inderviduals, groups, bands etc.

In all honesty they are not reallly comparable. I use both sites. I have a livejournal account which I use as my primary journal. I like how its set up and I think its very customizeable. Granted its more customizable when you pay for an account than when not. I like that you can have friends to read your journal and that you have three privacy settings. Well more than three if you use the friends settings. There is a way to pick and choose which friends get to read which entries. You can even have completely private entries. MySpace is a meeting site. It has its pluses and minuses. More pluses than minuses now. I don't use the blog feature so much. I think its nice that you can customize the blog and your profiles to look the way you want them too. I also like that there is a way to get private messages and there are also games to play on there. The best part of this site is it is free. You can find a few sites out there that are free but I think this one has a lot of great features. Tribe.net is a site that is in direct competition with myspace as well as friendster. I don't think friendster comes even close. However tribe is nice. I don't think lj or myspace are compareable though because they just don't really do the same things.

yes i think xanga is better. Myspace and Livejournal don't appeal much to me. Xanga is more customizeable i think.Xanga just appeals more to me. Like the name. lol. but that's not important. Customizing your xanga i think is easier than myspace or livejournal.

I've used both, but I can never really get into those things. They just don't really do it for me, I guess. both aren't very customizable, and a lot of people you meet there are really fake. I found an account that belongs to my friend, and she lied on nearly every field about herself.

I've used both, but I can never really get into those things.  They just don't really do it for me, I guess.  both aren't very customizable, and a lot of people you meet there are really fake.  I found an account that belongs to my friend, and she lied on nearly every field about herself.

169654[/snapback]

They're actually quite customizable with the right codes. I mean, you still follow their basic layouts...I don't know about LJ, but I have seen some really nice myspaces.

And the last part...this is the Internet you know, you shouldn't expect about 87% of the stuff to be true.

neither, i dont really like myspace at all.. people are rude and its hard to get to know people there.. only people on my friendslist were the ones i met somewhere else.. i dont know lifejournal that much but i think i made an account there once (bad brains) lately i dont write so much but i used to blog at blogspot.. now i just want to keep the stuff in my head instead of putting it online

I've recently found myself writing more in my myspace weblog than the blogger one that I have on my website, just because there's a chance of more people reading the one at myspace. But I don't like the navigation in the myspace blog. With just the "newer" and "older" links there is no way of knowing how many pages it goes on.