xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OhMyBosh

Arrogant People! Arg makes me mad

I hate people who think they are the best and most important. They are cocky and arrogant but I don't mind when people say something cocky as a joke. "I think I'm th e most sexiest person in the world" as a joke is something funny, but when someone goes the distance and honestly thinks that they are then I have a problem. It gets even worst when they think they're better then other people because of that. I have this one kid at my school who is just like that. I won't mention his name, but he has the yellowest and crooked teeth on the face of the planet. *Sorry if I care too much about dental hygiene. Anyways, we would play basketball in gym and this kid would always hog the ball. In my gym class there is one kid who is the best Bballer in our school yet he wouldn't even get a consideration for a pass from this kid, even if he was being triple teamed. When we'd do our shooting test, he would claim how he'd get a 90% field goal average. He'd only amount to 20% and he'd complain about how he couldn't get going. Heck, even I'm better then him. I scored a 85% average on that and the best Bballer would get a 90%. Also this kid had joined the Band at our school. He thinks he can play every instrument. He basically ruined one of our concerts because he couldn't stop squeeking. Although he won't admit it and he'd keep pretending to be the best. I hate this kid's attitude and I hope I never have to deal with a guy like this ever again.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited topic title. "Ppl! Arg" is not a good topic title. Written warning...
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Sadly, I know the type. Elitists seem to fit into this category aswell. The thing that relates to this most in my life are guitarists who believe they can play bass since it's 2 strings under what they usually play. No one can groove like a bassist, and most guitarists can barely pluck these nice thick strings :unsure: .

Unfortunately there is no escape from arrogance, arrogant people are quite literally everywhere, or maybe thats just where I live, I know that at my School they were all over the place, especially the first years, who are used to being the oldest and suddenly are not anymore, it did yet better at college, I thnk that most young people grow out of it. Don't get me wrong their are lots of nice well mannered people around too, you just don't tend to remember them, I also have nothing wrong with joking about it, I myself am guilty of this, but too seriously think you are the best at anything, is just crazy (unless of course you actually are). there that might make some sense (but its probably just insane ramblings).

Unfortunately there is no escape from arrogance, arrogant people are quite literally everywhere, or maybe thats just where I live, I know that at my School they were all over the place, especially the first years, who are used to being the oldest and suddenly are not anymore, it did yet better at college, I thnk that most young people grow out of it. Don't get me wrong their are lots of nice well mannered people around too, you just don't tend to remember them, I also have nothing wrong with joking about it, I myself am guilty of this, but too seriously think you are the best at anything, is just  crazy (unless of course you actually are). there that might make some sense (but its probably just insane ramblings).

159194[/snapback]

So since the reverse of this and thusly the solution is humility, that means we can also use this topic to talk about how to become more humble?

/agreeThere are in my eyes 2 types of people that irritate me to no end.1) Elitests = Think they are the best at whatever they choose to be the "best" at and are in no way inferior to anyone in that same category / aspect.In my opinion if that were the case you wouldn't be sitting there justifying to me you are this "best" person in this area of knowledge etc. etc.2) Stupid = No i dont mean like ooppss i did this or that accident type stupid I mean people who are truly so stupid that they are ignorant/oblivious to the fact that they are that way in regards to anything and there are alot of those people out there trust me. The ones that you wonder how they made as far as they have in life without getting killed by someone/something or even so much as killing theirself from the stupidity eminating from them.So trust me when I say i feel your pain i know where you are coming from and can say that I know what you mean.

I agree with Trystim. There are people who are the best in one thing and there are also stupid people who thinks they are best, but actually they suck all the way.What can you about them? Well actually I ignore them, I know this is not good, cause I don't have lot of friends, but I do know that people that are around me are true friends, cause I am very stuborn and I can't get nerved quite easly, so these people are "ghosts" for me.This is my point in this.Cya :unsure:

There's this one individual at my school that moved from another city and always disses our city and says how his/her old city/school/friends etc. Were better than us! Like he/she says it right in our faces! And also if we're having a conversation and someone expresses their opinion, he/she right away snaps back at them, trying to show that his opinion is right. He/she tells people to do things and if they don't cooperate, he/she gets mad at them! I find it ridiculous! I mean, respect other peoples' opinions!! Now it is getting even worse and he/she has stopped inviting people he always invited before to parties, etc. Someone got any suggestions? -Pearl

I hate people who think they are the best and most important. They are cocky and arrogant but I don't mind when people say something cocky as a joke. "I think I'm th e most sexiest person in the world" as a joke is something funny, but when someone goes the distance and honestly thinks that they are then I have a problem. It gets even worst when they think they're better then other people because of that. I have this one kid at my school who is just like that. I won't mention his name, but he has the yellowest and crooked teeth on the face of the planet. *Sorry if I care too much about dental hygiene. Anyways, we would play basketball in gym and this kid would always hog the ball. In my gym class there is one kid who is the best Bballer in our school yet he wouldn't even get a consideration for a pass from this kid, even if he was being triple teamed. When we'd do our shooting test, he would claim how he'd get a 90% field goal average. He'd only amount to 20% and he'd complain about how he couldn't get going. Heck, even I'm better then him. I scored a 85% average on that and the best Bballer would get a 90%. Also this kid had joined the Band at our school. He thinks he can play every instrument. He basically ruined one of our concerts because he couldn't stop squeeking. Although he won't admit it and he'd keep pretending to be the best. I hate this kid's attitude and I hope I never have to deal with a guy like this ever again.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited topic title. "Ppl! Arg" is not a good topic title. Written warning...

I so much agree. I have met a lot of people like that over the years. Some have been so cocky about things they really knew nothing about. or how to treat the people that you work with. But I have also learned too, the old saying. what comes around goes around.

Yeah, arrogant and smug people really piss me off too, especially if they have no reason to be. And if they do have a reason to be arrogant, then I still dislike them and think less of them for how they act. The good thing is, nobody else likes arrogant people especially other arrogant people so I guess they don't bother me as much when I realize that everyone else hates them as well.

I think no one likes arrogant people. Emails and non-direct communications can sometimes be misunderstand (that's why we have smilies to convey our messages better).For the most part, arrogant people are not open to learningnew things. I heard from a friend that there are books that teaches you ways to deal with such people, especiallyif they are your customers or colleagues.The key is to avoid conflicts with arrogant people or peoplewho give you needless trouble. Afterall, life is complicatedenough without enemies.

arrogance = serena williamsArrogant People! Arg

The most arrogant (disgusting ugly) person I have ever seen has to be serena williams.

whenever she losses a match she claims the other person "got lucky" even if the other person just happens to be ranked number 1 in the world. whenever she losses she never ever gives any credit to the person who beat who by saying that that person played better or out played her.

She makes up phrases and catch names about her own accomplishments. If that isn't arrogant I don't know what it is. She wears a shirt to a press conference after winning Wimbledon that says, "are you staring at my titles?"

it is obvious that this shirt was created ahead of time and planned to be worn in case of a victory.she is the most classless individual and most ungracious winner this Earth has ever seen.

-reply by mike

Arrogant DouchebagsArrogant People! Arg

I know exactly how you feel, I hate arrogant people with the utmost intensity.  It especially pisses me off when they feel they need to put others down just to make themselves feel or look better, and my blood boils whenever I see it.  Unfortunately though they are everywhere, and, (aside from kicking their *bottom*) the only thing I can think to do is to turn it into a joke and laugh about it :)

-reply by Filter