xisto Community
Darren0330

Sony Dvd-rw And Copywrited Dvd's Is it possible to copy?

I have a Sony DVD RW dual layer(DW-D18a) and I'm trying to make copys of a few of my DVD's. It came with NTI, a burning program, and I have Nero. But every DVD I try to copy (new or old) wont let me, saying that it's copywrite protected, I've also tryed one from downloads.com with the same problem. The reason I bought it was to copy DVD's. Is there anyway around this? :unsure:

I use Nero 6 Ultra Edition and Nero Vision Express. If you have a DVD Burner, you should really get Nero Vision, it's great for copying DVDs. I've copied a few of my DVDs, so try that out and see if it works for you.

I use DVD Xcopy Express.

It makes an archival backup of the video file for you.

in lamens terms it copies the DVD for you but you do not get any menus. When you put the newly Archival Copy in your DVD player it starts the movie.

I use it for all my DVD's, I have to backup incase I break or Scratch one.

Klass's Selfless promoting:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
username: Movies
password: movies

um...i don't know if Nero works with region free. DVDXcopy isn't a bad idea. or you can try DVD decrypter. it has the added benefit of being freeware.i don't think that's illegal to talk about. it's a good program, and if you're after making backup copies of your stuff, that should be fine. i haven't found any program yet that can beat the speed and ease of DVD decrypter. it's convenient as well if your dvd player is region 2 and your dvd is region one, you can change the region on the new dvd.

You can use DVD shrink, you can find the download here.

"DVD Shrink is software to backup DVD discs. You can use this software in conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice, to make a backup copy of any DVD video disc."

That's what I use and it burns it for you aswell if you want it to. I prefer using Nero to burn though. If you don't want the Hungarian subtitles on your DVD then you can untick the box that says Hungarian subtitles and it won't be on the finalised disc. It's so easy to use.

I use DVD Xcopy Express.

It makes an archival backup of the video file for you.

in lamens terms it copies the DVD for you but you do not get any menus. When you put the newly Archival Copy in your DVD player it starts the movie.

I use it for all my DVD's, I have to backup incase I break or Scratch one.

Klass's Selfless promoting:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

username: Movies

password: movies

158509[/snapback]

I also use DVD Xcopy Xpress, and you can copy the menu's to, there is a check box to copy the entire disk instead of just the movie, that gets everything, it works well for 99% of all movies, every now and then one doesn't work for one reason or another, but it does a good job.

Use the free programs... Dvd decrypter & dvd shrink. They are both free and legal. Just search it on yahoo to find the download sites. They are easy to use too.-reply by YOUR DADDY