xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

London Beats Paris To 2012 Games 54-50

The 2012 Olympic Games will be held in London, the International Olympic Committee has announced. London won a two-way fight with Paris by 54 votes to 50 at the IOC meeting in Singapore, after bids from Moscow, New York and Madrid were eliminated.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/front_page/4655555.stm
congratulations, london! :unsure: in case i decide to attend the 2012 olympics soon, i wouldn't need to start learning french. :D

I'm not french, but I really wanted for Paris to win :unsure: (I have seen Paris-haven't seen London, but Paris looked great from my point of view, except the fact that it is very crowded). I was just wondering... what countrys are represented in the Olympic Committee? because if all are represented (or almoust all of them) it is kind of normal what happened... since England had a huge colonial empire, every country from it's formal empire like india, for example, whould have voted for london.

I was in school and when our class was told by our maths teacher we all started jumping about. I can't believe it, I will definately be attending (I'll be 20/21 then :unsure:). You can't believe how excited I am. By the way, if you haven't guessed yet, I'm British, from Wales :D

Wehay for LONDON. I live in London, so HURRAY!!!! for me. I'll be 20/21 by the time too, when the olympics comes to London :D and I sooo can not wait!I was told by my friends in ICT, they looked up on the internet, lol.Oh yeh btw, where in London is it? hehe who cares? I've always wanted to go to the olympics.. I actually want to be an olympic gymnast when I was 7, but school got in the way and I never carried on. :)Maybe by 2012, at least one or two people from my school might be in the Olympics. We already got a junior world champion at long distance running and swimming and one who beat the whole UK at running :unsure: there's even a golfer, lol he's the third in the whole world in his age category.

its funny the head of the commitee is french im surprised france didn't get it. but we all know why new york didn't get?but the game in london should be interesting but do they have the room for it really. i think they would have to destroy some houses inorder to pull it off but we hsall see. in 7 years.

even if some houses may be destroyed for the olympics the prices of the others are going to seriously increase.Can I just say.. woah it was CLOSE! I thought London has held the Olympics twice already?

since England had a huge colonial empire, every country from it's formal empire like india, for example, whould have voted for london.

ooh, I don't think so, most of those countries didn't appreciate being colonised .... and rightly so .... if anything it should have worked against us, not in our favour ....

Posted Image