xisto Community
brandice

Noisy Toys does everything have to talk?

When I was a kid, there weren't many toys that talked or had sounds. When my youngest sister was little, there were a few more but it wasn't so crazy.As all of my nieces have come along it seems that each year there are more and more toys that talk or play music. My three year old niece lives with me and every stinkin' toy has to make noise. She pushes these buttons on all of her aquapets and they talk to each other and start squeaking whenever she walks away. It doesn't even seem like there's a stuffed animal out there that doesn't start dancing and singing when you touch it's foot. It's just driving me nuts today.

You're right. All of my sister's toys make noises, or talk to eachother. Its not so bad when they speak English, but the electronic digital pet things just squeek and gabble in some weird language, all translated in some dictionary that comes with it. She also still has some of those Furbys. Ear plugs at the ready.

oh yes, the furby. I like how they made this thing that is supposed to be able to learn how to talk and do all sorts of tricks and they never thought to put a stinkin' volume control on the thing. And those eyes... those scary eyes.

Hmm...Furby..Yeah, they can get pretty annoying. Also, about the toys, I've noticed that a lot of toys now are noisy. It just gets plain annoying! When my sister was little, she had a ton of toys, and most of them made noise! It can be enough to drive you crazy sometimes!

Uhm, I think toys are noisy so kids can "Interact" with them. It's not a really good idea, because if a kid doesn't like the noise but loves the toy, watcha ganna do? I think toys shouldn't be so noisey, a little sound is fine...a lot of sound is bad. Down with sound! Down with sound!

LOL, ya I know all about this. I have a three year old daughter, my house is noisy beyond belief sometimes, and we go out of our way to avoid all those damned noisy toys, we try and make sure they have volumes and such at bare minimum. In the end though others get her the nasty noismakers. Although I recently figured out a way to quiet down even the worst offenders that don't have volumes. Use tape to cover the speaker hole. Somethimes you really have to dig to find the speaker hole, but its there somewhere, tape over it and it really muffles the sound. The kid still loves it because it still makes noise, but it is silent compared to normal.

The dog toy thing just reminded me. My niece threw one of her toys to my dog- you throw a toy to the dog, she gets to keep it- germs, you know... :P It's a little taco bell dog that says "how cool is this?" when you squeeze it. My dog figured this out and loves it. She'll sit in the backyard and turn it on over and over. I don't know what the neighbors must think. It's cool though, when you say "how cool is this?" she'll run out and get that toy.

Omigosh, noisy toys can get so ANNOYING~! Well, it depends. It only gets annoying when I'm watching TV or listening to something. And then my little brother comes in and starts playing with his noisy gun. ARGH!! It's so annoying!!!