xisto Community
solankyno1

Favourite Download Manager Tell your choice

the only download manager i've ever used is Download Accelerator Plus, and it is not bad, in my opinion..sometimes it can makes my download 100% faster.. but in the other times it's just slighty faster than the opera's integrated download manager.

GetRight is not as powerful as Flashget. However, Flashget 1.65+ are ad-supported, I am still sticking to 1.6. Internet Download Manager is worth a try, but I am still using the 3.16 version. I don't like DM that "catches" click.

Today I have found a very good comparision of all leading download managers.  You can also see it and then make your decision . the link is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

after reading the comparison, i delete DAP and start to use LeechGet. It loads much faster than DAP... but i'm surprised that it appears in the language that i don't recognize. i think it tries to auto support chinese (i live in taiwan), but apparently, it failed. maybe i should reinstall it.

Mine is certainly Download Accelerator Plus. It works pretty well once you register it. Actually, I have never ever tried any other download manager. Should I?? What do you think??

after reading the comparison, i delete DAP and start to use LeechGet. It loads much faster than DAP... but i'm surprised that it appears in the language that i don't recognize. i think it tries to auto support chinese (i live in taiwan), but apparently, it failed. maybe i should reinstall it.

Mine is working very well. It is very fast in download speed also. I have downloaded it from their official site http://www.leechget.net/. Have you downloaded from the same site??? may be after reinstalling your problem solved. I hope so....

Dont ask why but I use a spyware loaded, fake speed telling download manager called Kontiki. It is the worst one that you could ever imagine and crashes so much. FTP downloads never work and it makes fast servers seem slow and its click catching is HORRIBLE!!!

Dont ask why but I use a spyware loaded, fake speed telling download manager called Kontiki. It is the worst one that you could ever imagine and crashes so much. FTP downloads never work and it makes fast servers seem slow and its click catching is HORRIBLE!!!

Interesting!!!You are such a brave man????

I used Internet Download Manager, but it's shareware. Try using freedownloadmanager.orgIt's really good specially when you try to split the file into more than 16, it downloads it fast!

FlashGet is the best! Especially the new version. Now it supported Mirror search which automatically search for the fastest server available for the fastest possible downloads,but it doesn't support for streaming links... mms/rtsp while NetTransport does... & they almost have the same interface like I said before.

HM, I like Downloader for X becouse it can get link from http and copy all site on my hard disc. It has ability to set lover speed of downloads if you want, and it is vey fast on my week telephone line. Don't know is there Wondows version of it, but if it it, try ans you will se the functions that no other downloader have. It is free!

I have tried a lot of downloading managers, like Flashget, Net Transport, Getright and Internet Download Manager. Net Transport, I think, is the best. But since 1.87, it is no longer free in the strict sense. There are functions that you have to pay for and there is ad in the free version. Flashget contains some tricky phone back protection since 1.60, which I think is the worst thing they add to the software. The software performs not as well as Net Transport when it comes to downloading rms, rmvbs and asf on mms or rtsp. Getright is the worst. There are tons of restrictions posed on the client (say a connection limit) which I think is totally unacceptable. Internet Download Manager claims that its engine is unique, but actually I don?t think it outperforms other downloading manager, especially, when it is hindered by a 16 connection limit. Therefore, I think the old version of Net Transport is the best.