xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ruckusbag

The Next (5th Gen) Ipod?

Does anybody know what it is going to be like? Size? Capacity? Battery Life? New look? I am looking into getting the 5th gen if it is nice because just recently my 3rd generate (non click wheel) one was stolen. I liked it a lot better than the click wheel (4th gen).The only thing I hear is possibly an 80gb hd cause because that is what toshiba is working on or something along those lines...

hi,what nest gen ipod?? where are you gettuing your corces from? i have never heard of 5th gen i pod!!!!i heard that windows based cellphone.mp3 is suppose to dominate teh market, btu we'll have to see hwo that will go later, but what ever, i dont know what you saying, i hope its a ::::******************* ** ** ** * * ** ** *******************3 INCHES BY 2 INCHES BY .23 IUNCHES and it hold a wahopping 100 GB og music and what ever with a color scree, ONLY then will i admit that steve jobs is a man and a compettior to billy gates.yeahtahnks stat your sorces please,jeery,ajam

Well i have no clue what the 5th gen ipod is going to be like but what i can say is that it is very easy to fill 30 gig worth of music if you like oldies because some artists have a gig of music of their own.

hi,
For a start Ipod has merged its Ipod photo series with its original Ipod..
i.e, now all Ipods have color screen and photo viewing capability.
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23960-apple-merges-ipod-lines-ipod-20-gb-in-color-now/

As for the 5th generation...a few things I wud like are:

1. Playing Videos.. a little larger screen ofcourse.
2. Bluetooth
3. FM Radio
4. longer battery life...

may be asking for too much...
but lets c what plans Apple has...

Cheers.

80GB I could use that up after copying a few CD's :unsure: 5th Gen, They'll make it a special edition then? :D Are people happy with there current Gen's? What are the good and bads? I'm thinking of buying one! :)

This is the first time I've heard that a "5th generation" I-Pod is in the works. With Apple, anything is possible. As somebody else mentioned, the new iPods now have colour screens and can store photos. What's next? Who knows. 80 gigs would be nice, but I honestly can't see myself filling up all that space. Heck, I'd be hard-pressed to fill up 20 GB. All I can say at this point is "Wait and see..."

Just checked the thinksecret site out. They're eliminating all the monochrome screen iPods in their lineup. Glad to hear that they are not changing the price much. In the meantime, I'll be upgrading my iTunes to 4.9 - which now includes Podcast.

hi,

Though Steve Jobs might have ruled out he possibility of having video playback on an Ipod, the idea of using Ipod for storing and playing video is taking form...

Nyko is developing a movee player that uses a plugged in Ipod and plays video on a "3.6, 4:3 (standard) aspect ratio LCD screen with approximately 640x480 resolution, 65,000 colors".. The pricing and release date has not yet been announced...

For more details :
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Cheers.

I didn't even know that there was one coming out soon, or am I wrong? The ipod craze is getting bigger and bigger every year- I hope significant competition can make it's way sooner or later, there has been talk of a move by microsoft and HMV to produce a competitive mp3 player as well as software like i-tunes. I know the software part is true for a fact as my older sister was one of the programmers for it and they just finished it 2 weeks ago!I can't believe that amongst this huge Ipod craze the fact that I still don't even actually own one, yet always read up about them and sort of feel like I own one... not cool, I better go buy one now.