xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fsf-clan

Windows Longhorn

There is a new windows coming out and its called Windows Longhorn.Longhorn, the code name for the next version of Windows now being built by Microsoft, is the most powerful, most reliable, most secure version of Windows ever. It delivers on the promise of allowing people to use their computers more easily and confidently to achieve their goals and pursue their passions.Better graphics and audio are among the enhancements planned for Longhorn, the next major Windows client release planned for 2005. Similarly, customers will not see any major new Windows server releases until past 2005, but many add-ons to the server will ship in the meantime. While the company is focusing most Windows development resources on Longhorn Windows, it has not yet revealed what features that release will offer that benefit companies, as opposed to consumers.And I've also heard that it will be able to play xbox and xbox360 games!!!If you got anymore info post here.

Yes, I, too, am excited about the upcoming release of Microsoft's latest and greatest operating system. It will be interesting to see whether or not they will succeed in updating their out-dated operating system. I heard about all of the features, but what I did not hear about is the possible ability of Longhorn being able to play Xbox 360 games. That's really cool! Thanks for the information.

well longhorn is coming to us ...

it was reported that the real name of microsoft windows next vesion(code name is longhorn) is windows e-XPloration which maybe stand for xp series and exploration spirit.but the most acurate news must be known in fall on WinHEC & PDC.

Pfft, Xbox.I can't wait till Longhorn comes out, though. I've seen many screenshots, it looks like a hyped up XP! :unsure:It looks really good, but coming out next year?I thought it was due for release in 2006 or 2008...Ah well, can't wait for it.

I am also excited about it. But isn't this already old news? I heard about it a few years back already.But it will be cool. I heard that it has enchanced its searching features, making it easier to search your computers for files and folders.I think it is planned to be shipped out next year. But who knows? It might ake longer than that.Anyway, long horn is an interesting name. I wonder if that will be it's actual name.-Shackman

I am also excited about it. But isn't this already old news? I heard about it a few years back already.

But it will be cool. I heard that it has enchanced its searching features, making it easier to search your computers for files and folders.

I think it is planned to be shipped out next year. But who knows? It might ake longer than that.

Anyway, long horn is an interesting name. I wonder if that will be it's actual name.

-Shackman

156997[/snapback]

Yeah, it is old, I head about it back in 2003, but it looks damn awsome, I just can't wait for it.

Is this related to the Windows XP 64-bit exition, or a server-side only OS?

I've tried Longhorn pre-release version...All i have to say is that this successor of Windows is graphics hungry...Get ready a water cooling system for your graphics card before starting a DOOM 3 game on Longhorn..

There is a new windows coming out and its called Windows Longhorn.

Longhorn, the code name for the next version of Windows now being built by Microsoft, is the most powerful, most reliable, most secure version of Windows ever. It delivers on the promise of allowing people to use their computers more easily and confidently to achieve their goals and pursue their passions.

156801[/snapback]

If you took the time to read our forum, you might've noticed that we already had this topic started long, long time ago. It's not that I discourage duplicate topics but when you don't even bother to read past threads and start posting is against the posting rules. Perform the search next time. This belongs in Software, Operating Systems and NOT in Technology--because you haven't discussed the technicial aspects of Longhorn.