xisto Community
DeathLock

The Keys To Flirting Everyone Give Adivce About Flirting

Lol @ snlildude. Indeed, he doesn't speak for all of us about what's going through guy's heads :POne thing I see very well in girls and people in general is their sincerity level, how genuine they are. They don't have to say anything, when girls try to put on an act or a set routine for any reason it says something about how they handle life. Almost that they're a bit manipulative. If you aren't disengenuous and are earnest in everything you do and say it makes you a lot easier both to respect and to get to know. I would find it hard to believe that other guys don't side with me in this and prefer girls to put on acts or charades.Humility is another big thing. Genuine humility I think can be one of the most attractive traits a girl can have. As my pastor says, humility is simply confidence properly placed, which is an interesting definition. I think humility goes hand in hand with kindness and gentleness/kindness towards others as well. I have met a girl before who had both an innocence and a kindness towards others that made her reach out to everyone around her in kindness. I think THAT is a VERY attractive quality, and perhaps is tied to what people for lack of a better word call "sweet". And another thing. There's a joy in the smile that is infectious and infects you with their joy. I think it can be seen in the smile and the eyes. That's another attractive quality in a girl. Hmm... I just realized I was getting more into traits and what is attractive rather then what isn't... Oh well :DI think some guys out there at least don't want to hear comments that are supposed to be sexy but actually are interested in getting to know girls, and such comments can be an instant turn-off. Just a thought. Oh, and vanity... I know I already mentioned humility, vanity is the reverse of that and is one of the things least attractive, when someone is utterly self-obsessed and thus will have no empathy or feelings for others. If they're totally obsessed in physical belongings, materialism, that should be another warning sign. Judging by what I've seen of the world I'm assuming this will NOT speak for most guys out there, but for me at least girls interested in the physical, physical relationships and especially certain relationships against God's will are an instant turn-off. I've said before that if you attract someone by physical means you're going to get a physical person. People looking for the physical pleasure are not looking for the alternative in my opinion, which would be a meaningful relationship based upon valuing the other person for who they are.Oh, and honesty of course is another big thing to look for. Well, there's some more input into at least one more male mind B)I don't know that I count as a typical male though B) There certainly are others like me though so I should be speaking for at least some others then myself *shrugs*

Lol @ snlildude.  Indeed, he doesn't speak for all of us about what's going through guy's heads :P

One thing I see very well in girls and people in general is their sincerity level, how genuine they are.  They don't have to say anything, when girls try to put on an act or a set routine for any reason it says something about how they handle life.  Almost that they're a bit manipulative.  If you aren't disengenuous and are earnest in everything you do and say it makes you a lot easier both to respect and to get to know.  I would find it hard to believe that other guys don't side with me in this and prefer girls to put on acts or charades.

Humility is another big thing.  Genuine humility I think can be one of the most attractive traits a girl can have.  As my pastor says, humility is simply confidence properly placed, which is an interesting definition.  I think humility goes hand in hand with kindness and gentleness/kindness towards others as well.  I have met a girl before who had both an innocence and a kindness towards others that made her reach out to everyone around her in kindness.  I think THAT is a VERY attractive quality, and perhaps is tied to what people for lack of a better word call "sweet". 

And another thing.  There's a joy in the smile that is infectious and infects you with their joy.  I think it can be seen in the smile and the eyes.  That's another attractive quality in a girl. 

Hmm...  I just realized I was getting more into traits and what is attractive rather then what isn't...  Oh well :D

I think some guys out there at least don't want to hear comments that are supposed to be sexy but actually are interested in getting to know girls, and such comments can be an instant turn-off.  Just a thought. 

Oh, and vanity...  I know I already mentioned humility, vanity is the reverse of that and is one of the things least attractive, when someone is utterly self-obsessed and thus will have no empathy or feelings for others.  If they're totally obsessed in physical belongings, materialism, that should be another warning sign.

Judging by what I've seen of the world I'm assuming this will NOT speak for most guys out there, but for me at least girls interested in the physical, physical relationships and especially certain relationships against God's will are an instant turn-off.  I've said before that if you attract someone by physical means you're going to get a physical person.  People looking for the physical pleasure are not looking for the alternative in my opinion, which would be a meaningful relationship based upon valuing the other person for who they are.

Oh, and honesty of course is another big thing to look for. 

Well, there's some more input into at least one more male mind B)

I don't know that I count as a typical male though B)  There certainly are others like me though so I should be speaking for at least some others then myself *shrugs*

161734[/snapback]

One big fat [agree]. B)

Pretty much hit it head on. Especially the humility/smile/getting to know them parts. Those are essential to me. ^-^

One big fat [agree]. :P

Pretty much hit it head on. Especially the humility/smile/getting to know them parts. Those are essential to me. ^-^

161740[/snapback]

Good to know someone else on the site agrees :D

Btw, I have a sneaking suspicion that girls can sense guys who're looking for such traits and know when the guy is actually looking at them rather then any physical attributes. Just a hunch.

Any thoughts?

I like girls who are genuine. I know this one girl who I had four out of six classes with, so I can't avoid her (or she can't avoid me)....we talked online, and she'd say "lol" all the time. I mean, after everything I say, her response would be "lol". At first, I felt awesome. I have the ability to make girls laugh just by talking. After a while, I asked her...am I really making you laugh that much. Her response, "no, I do that all the time." Ouch. I would have loved it so much more if those laughs were real.

Lol (and I really am right now), I only use lol when I just have laughed out loud. Is a bit annoying when people use it just to punctuate things or act in agreement. It's almost like girls can use it as a defense mechanism to act like they're agreeing with you so they don't have to show how they're really thinking/feeling. Interesting observation SN.

Lol (and I really am right now), I only use lol when I just have laughed out loud.  Is a bit annoying when people use it just to punctuate things or act in agreement.  It's almost like girls can use it as a defense mechanism to act like they're agreeing with you so they don't have to show how they're really thinking/feeling. 

161964[/snapback]

I don't use "lol" because it's way overused. People use it all the time, so it doesn't have the same meaning anymore, but I guess the lol thing is much better than people (or girls) who don't use it. You know, people who are too serious about stuff.

I don't use "lol" because it's way overused. People use it all the time, so it doesn't have the same meaning anymore, but I guess the lol thing is much better than people (or girls) who don't use it. You know, people who are too serious about stuff.

162056[/snapback]

I don't know. When I'm talking online to someone in say MSN, I tend to use 'lol' quite a bit. But then again, I laugh all the time in actual conversations (I love to laugh). Unless of course it's a serious conversation, and then I obviously don't laugh unless it's called for.

But anyway, what I'm saying is, some people that use 'lol' on a frequent basis, are indeed laughing as they right it. I guess I look pretty silly when I'm sitting in front of my computer screen, laughing, but hey, that's not about to stop me. A world without laughter, even of the 'lol' kind, just wouldn't be a world, now would it?

I don't know. When I'm talking online to someone in say MSN, I tend to use 'lol' quite a bit. But then again, I laugh all the time in actual conversations (I love to laugh). Unless of course it's a serious conversation, and then I obviously don't laugh unless it's called for.

But anyway, what I'm saying is, some people that use 'lol' on a frequent basis, are indeed laughing as they right it. I guess I look pretty silly when I'm sitting in front of my computer screen, laughing, but hey, that's not about to stop me. A world without laughter, even of the 'lol' kind, just wouldn't be a world, now would it?

162059[/snapback]

Yeah, but when people use it too much, it kinda gets hard to tell when they're really laughing and when it's used for punctuation. With me, when ever something makes me laugh, I type "haha". When the tears start flowing, then everything is capitalized, and I add more "ha" to the "haha".

Yeah, but when people use it too much, it kinda gets hard to tell when they're really laughing and when it's used for punctuation. With me, when ever something makes me laugh, I type "haha". When the tears start flowing, then everything is capitalized, and I add more "ha" to the "haha".

162100[/snapback]

This is true, and don't get me wrong. Sometimes I'm a 'lol' kind of person, and other times, I'll end up with the haha, or hee hee... I tend to use a lot of smilies too, for some odd reason, but then again, if I go :P right now, it isn't lying, because as I'm type I'm smiling away. I do get what you mean, though, that it can be hard to tell. I suppose if you know the person you are talking to well, off the internet, you could probably judge as to if they would really be laughing or not, but for most people that you never meet in person, that can be a bit hard to figure out. Anyway, I'll just keep doing whatever it is that I do, I haven't heard any complaints yet B)

(Winks are cute, though I probably wouldn't wink at anyone in real life... makes me feel a bit funny, because I'm not very good at it lol...)

(Winks are cute, though I probably wouldn't wink at anyone in real life... makes me feel a bit funny, because I'm not very good at it lol...)

162172[/snapback]

I don't even wink in not-real life. That's because I don't know the smilie code. In real life though, I don't do it either. I might do it when I'm joking around, but I look weird. I mean, both my eyes tend to go down, so it looks like I'm blinking. :P Oh dear, I typed a "lol"....

*NEWS FLASH!*

Posted Image

:P

162195[/snapback]

Okay, first of all, Jesus Eff! If you don't know what "eff" is, look it up. Second, I blame midnightvamp for quoting me and replying to what I said. Now, what do you have to say for yourself, midnightvamp? B)

Okay, first of all, Jesus Eff! If you don't know what "eff" is, look it up. Second, I blame midnightvamp for quoting me and replying to what I said. Now, what do you have to say for yourself, midnightvamp? :P

162205[/snapback]

Bad, bad me! I'm going to take a time out and go sit in the corner. I guess no dinner for me tonight.

With that... continue the keys to flirting.

My two cents: If you are going to flirt, just be yourself while you are doing it. It's not just for everyone's benefit either. You know how hard it is to put on some big show, and try to keep it up just to get the person you want? If the flirting does work, and you really get the person's attention, just imagine what they'll be thinking when they find out they don't even know you at all.

(See, not derailed. Just detoured. I heard they were fixing the track up ahead.)

My two cents: If you are going to flirt, just be yourself while you are doing it. It's not just for everyone's benefit either. You know how hard it is to put on some big show, and try to keep it up just to get the person you want? If the flirting does work, and you really get the person's attention, just imagine what they'll be thinking when they find out they don't even know you at all.

(See, not derailed. Just detoured. I heard they were fixing the track up ahead.)

162209[/snapback]

I don't know if you have seen an episode of Joey, but in one episode, Joey and his sister were giving his nephew (?) guides on how to act when the girl that he likes comes over. Joey kept saying to not be yourself while his sister said to be yourself (I guess it's a girl thing to do). I don't really know where I'm going with this, but if you're a really boring person (the other person yawns while you're talking), then I say act interesting. Then, when you're by yourself, practice actually being interesting, so that it becomes apart of you. No need for an act.