xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonorama

Live 8 Concerts What do you think about it?

[Extracted from Live 8 Website]

On July 6th, we finally have the opportunity to stop that shameful statistic.
8 world leaders, gathered in Scotland for the G8 summit, will be presented with a workable plan to double aid, drop the debt and make the trade laws fair. If these 8 men agree, then we will become the generation that made poverty history.

But they'll only do it if enough people tell them to.

That's why we're staging Live 8. 10 concerts, 100 artists, a million spectators, 2 billion viewers, and 1 message... To get those 8 men, in that 1 room, to stop 30,000 children dying every single day of extreme poverty.

We don't want your money - we want you!

What do you think about it? I really believe some of these people just want to get credits enough to make others think that they're such kind persons (or people, whatever) and also make us go buying their records just because of their "coolness".

But definitely, NOT ALL OF THEM deserve this aseveration (is it the right word?). I guess some artists which are involved with these concerts and actions, definitely have the true intention of helping and contribute to this specific topic: African debts and general poverty.

How much money do the U.S. have spent in the so called "war on terror", also known by others as O.I.L. ? I'm not even quite sure of how much it is, but I can figure out that this money could have helped to fix some starving problems in the poorest countries in Africa.

Wow... I just hope that my spell isn't that sh**ty :lol:

and I still wonder.... what do you think about this...?

Cheers! :rolleyes:

regardless of the personalities involved in the event, what we must emphasize more is the goal of the endeavor. :unsure: if they can serve as the "glue" to have people in the world unite towards its goal, then the better. :D but we shouldn't be blindsided by the personalities, we should stick to the goal. :Di am watching the live coverage on tv now, and i've signed up my name to this worthwhile cause. i enjoin everyone to do the same. :D it might just work...

I signed up my name aswell. I think this is amazing what Rob Gendelf (I hope I got the spelling correct) is doing. The mini video clipings displayed between the performances were really shocking. I hope that this turns out just the way expected. Poverty should be eradicated not only from Africa, but all over the world, and if people continue to lend out a helping hand; it is definitely possible.

Because I'm sure they all care so much about these people. Seriously. It's a publicity stunt to make themselves more popular because they "care" about the less fortunate people in the world.Anyway, half the problems in Africa are caused by the people who live there. They've been fighting in stupid clan wars for centuries. The biggest cause of poverty over in Africa is the ruthless dictatorships and wars.Secondly. People can keep dreaming about eradicating poverty in Africa, because the fact is, people want to keep the comfortable lifestyles. As soon as poverty is eradicated in Africa, those who are considered "wealthy" are no longer so wealthy. The standard of living everywhere is diminished because the standard of living in Africa has increased. People who do have the ability to help don't help at all. The UN spends a huge amount of money on contraception programs in Africa. Not on fertilizers to help rebuild the farming industry. Or well building operations.Bob Geldorf (not Rob Gendelf :unsure:) is a joke. Celebrities are a joke. Seriously. I don't see them giving all their money away to help the poor. Nope, they just tell everyone else how bad it is how everyone else ought to help those poor people...

I really found this very nice and heartwarming. Though some might just use this as something that would make them more famous or something, they are still helping. :unsure: I'm happy that people are still working hard for our unfortunate brothers and sisters. :D

I have nothing wrong with Live 8, lets start by saying that.Now, I was pretty close (within an hour or two) of Live 8 and the hype was really heating up. But I had my doubts on the reality of it, and I can't believe we packed a million people on one street!Don't get me wrong, I do feel VERY bad for those suffering from poverty in Africa, but we did give that money to them...It's all the fault of the government's of these countries. We give the countrys money, the governments agree to give it to the people, and what do they do? They give it to themselves! Over there some very cruel governments exist.Now, I don't really think, given the monetary state that people are claiming we are in or will be in, that we should say "poof! You don't owe us anything anymore!". Maybe we could give them some help for free, but we should still leave the debt standing. We shoul't force them to pay us within a period of time, but we should have them pay it back eventually.That's my feeling, I know that there are kids starving and I would be eager to help them through their time of need.

I live near Philly all I can say is this. It was awesome to me. Also is was helping poverty in Africa.My hight light was watching Green Day in Belrin, Germany singing We Are the Champions My Friends. Or wht ever that song is.Also cool seeing old and new bands. To bad Philly ended very early yet London went to 12pm for them I believe. Also I saw Simple in Canada. O yeah the ONLY thing I hated about the concert is they aways cut the song SHORT... when your in the song you hear that was someone playing something. Lets go see what he is doing now. Live had 150 bands total! 8 places playing at the same time! That is amazing. That was a great show.

well, yeah! at the end I found this concert quite useful just for the main goal, I dunno about all the bands and artists involved, but I guess it was cool of them to participate, and yes, i did signed the site too :unsure:and yes, I also think Bob Geldof's iniciative is awesome. I was just watching the live interview with Tony Blair and him, and I personally think it0s getting really well the goals of the Live 8. I actually think Geldof had a much much better speech than mr, Blair. hehe :)Now I hope it really had worked out for all those really poor people in the Africa.By the way, the concert had very emotive passages, like those ones when Pink Floyd (all of their members together again) performed Wish You Were Here, or when Macca (Sir Paul MacCartney) performed (even when i dont like that song very much) Hey Jude! along with lot more people on the stage. The Who was great TOO :)Cheers! :D

Personally i think pink floyd's show was the best ... and their attitude also ... because even rogers waters and david gilmore have problems and they hadnt played in year they decided to forget their diferences for this concert and play all together .... great attitude of all band ...and their performance was great .... first with breathe .... magnificent song .... then money ... comfortably numb and the last wish you were here ... it is incredible how david gilmore stills singing the same as if he was 20 ... and playing the guitar as a master ... even they look old they still beeing the same great musicians ... :D:unsure:

I've seen the live 8 concert and it was so amazing, not only because of the bands but because of the idea it transmited... I had to help it so I signed the e-mail and bought the wristband... I think it was a great idea to create this concert for free to show to G8 that we matter, and that our voice does make something!

Even if the concerts had this great ideea, it is pretty hard to imagine that the concert could have changed the world. You cannot make history singing even if it is for a good cause. Like helloooooo, the americans and fahrenheit 911 could not stop george bush from doing what he did with iraq, you really think that some live concerts will... Maybe i'm pesimist here, but i really don't think us (normal humans, not presidents of states or anything) could really make such a big difference like they hope. Still IT IS A GREAT IDEEA FOR A GREAT FUTURE :unsure:

I have so much respect for those responsible for making Live8 possible, which includes the organizers, artists involved, and most importantly, those of us who support them. It just goes to show how powerful we really are, and is another great example of how music brings people together for a common purpose, and a common dream.I know there's a lot of pessimism going on related to Live8, and all I have to say is, who CARES if the some of the artists are just doing it to promote themselves. The point is, a positive message was sent out, people were brought together in compassion for a common purpose, and the most powerful men and women in our world how loud our voices can be.Even if Live8 doesn't accomplish much, to me it was still a sucess because it raised awareness and had a commendable purpose.

live near Philly all I can say is this. It was awesome to me. Also is was helping poverty in Africa.
My hight light was watching Green Day in Belrin, Germany singing We Are the Champions My Friends. Or wht ever that song is.

Also cool seeing old and new bands. To bad Philly ended very early yet London went to 12pm for them I believe.

Also I saw Simple in Canada. O yeah the ONLY thing I hated about the concert is they aways cut the song SHORT... when your in the song you hear that was someone playing something. Lets go see what he is doing now.

Live had 150 bands total! 8 places playing at the same time! That is amazing. That was a great show.

I said that earlyier but also somethings also cool about the concert was seeing famous people coming out for the support. Also some even joined and singed! I think the countries that got most attention in order i remember is London, Philly, Berlin. Bressi. Thats all i can remember as of right now. Now everyone can say now twenty years from i lived threw that i was there. Thats a honor. It is awesome to see that concert but sad to hear why they did the concert. Poverty in Africa is gaining everyday so it gets sadder and sadder. Hopefully this helped it stop just a bit more. :}

Hep stop poverty in Africa.